What games are you playing now?

Just realized my year old PC came prepackaged with Fate... tried it out for a few minutes. It's a neat little dungeon romp, but I'll probably never finish it.

Found an "Baldur's Gate II : Schatten von Amn" "Premium Pack" today on a flea market - for 1 Euro !!!

Now, I'm installing it. :D

It's one of these late Collector's Editions of Interplay. So far I've got the PS:T "Memorial Edition" and the MDK "Sniper's Edition" by them. And I#ve got a similar pack for Icewind Dale I as well, don't remember the name anymore, though.

The box says that on the bonus disc there's an additional shop ... I wonder where this is ?

Okay, thanks.

The only things missing in the box are a T-Shirt and a kind of poster ... I guess that the former owner just took them. But for 1 Euiro I really can't complain. ;)

I finished The Witcher last weekend. That's a great game!

I looked into Ultima IX, but the game is slightly weird. It runs like molasses and sometimes choppy, and it seems to be quite buggy. I cannot distinguish the potions, which is a real game stopper for me.

I started Gothic 3, but I'm somewhat hesitant, too. The fights are weird, but you don't die? I guess I should read the handbook before I give it a real try :D.

Next thing I started was Ultima V Lazarus. This one started out nicely. I have to see how to make money, because I need a working healing spell. I don't really see much on the ground (I have to find where to turn on feedback, I guess). I like the dialogs. It seems as if I'll stick to this one for a while.

IIRC there's one extra merchant NPC in the Copper Coronet and one in the Adventurers mart.

IIRC you can also get these items and the merchant in one of the official downloads. They released it sometime after the initial release so that 'everyone could experience the same game.'

Was that really official? Anyway, you could get those merchants from many fan sites.

I could be wrong. Maybe it was released unofficially, but it wasn't a hack.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that.

A different question : Does anyone of you know how to use the jet-pack in Battlefront I ? The handbook seemingly doesn't say this (Or otherwise I would've found it, I assume), and the in-game options don't have an extra key for this at all ... Only for normal jump.
Even the description of the "Jet Trooper" (Clone Wars era) doesn't say anything about it, only that it is there, and interestingly the handbook describes a menu option called "Extrasd", which I have never seen - I guess this is only in the PS2-version of the game which would mean that they actually didn't look after the handbook to make it fit for the PC version at all ...

Weird.

Edit: I seemingly have found a clue: 2 times pressing the key for jump ... Which is documented nowhere ...

Last edited:
I started Gothic 3, but I'm somewhat hesitant, too. The fights are weird, but you don't die? I guess I should read the handbook before I give it a real try :D.

That is only during the opening of the story that you can't die. I think until you get to the first Rebel camp iirc.

Was that really official? Anyway, you could get those merchants from many fan sites.

bonus CD just adds Deidre at the adventurer's market and also Jolov at copper coronet. It was official back in 2000, but now you can download that bonus portion from many fansite like sorcerers.net

and also Jolov at copper coronet. It was official back in 2000, but now you can download that bonus portion from

1. Where is this ? I'm still very, very early in the game ...

2. Funningly, my bonus-CD lists only Deirdre in the text, although pictures of Jolov exist in a separate directory.

I'm not sure, but think it is possible that he even isn't installed ...

Edit: It's the Tavern, I just saw ...

Last edited:
I could be wrong. Maybe it was released unofficially, but it wasn't a hack.
bonus CD just adds Deidre at the adventurer's market and also Jolov at copper coronet. It was official back in 2000, but now you can download that bonus portion from many fansite like sorcerers.net
Sorry, I was not clear. I meant that I didn't know that Bioware ever released those merchants for everyone.
1. Where is this ? I'm still very, very early in the game ...

2. Funningly, my bonus-CD lists only Deirdre in the text, although pictures of Jolov exist in a separate directory.

I'm not sure, but think it is possible that he even isn't installed ...

Edit: It's the Tavern, I just saw ...
One of the merchants came with the Collector's Edition, the other one with preorder versions. Both merchants are only tiny files (1 or 10 kb for the override folder). You can get the missing one here, if you feel so inclined.

I'm currently playing... yeah, right. Heretic.

Replayed Gears of War - still felt nice with the game. Also poking around Call of Duty 4 - and right away i could see that it is much lighter in hardware requirements compares to GoW.

For The Witcher - i'm still in chapter 2, waiting for the enhancement pack.

Replayed Gears of War - still felt nice with the game. Also poking around Call of Duty 4 - and right away i could see that it is much lighter in hardware requirements compares to GoW.

GOW is a nice bit of fun and has some really great visuals. I have the PC version but I've only played the first 3 or 4 levels. I'm frustrated that they crippled the game for Windows XP (No antialiasing?!?), so I'm going to wait until I get Windows Vista before I start playing it again.

I had GoW on Vista, most of the time the game ran okay although not super-smooth. Occasionally there are some stuttering and delayed details or texture rendering (2-3 seconds) when loading into new level or game world. The graphics look very nice with almost all settings on max.

CoD 4 however ran great even i turned everything to maximum.

@Turjan: Thanks, this explains all questions I had or could have.

I found them, by the way.

And, and additional point: Isn't BG the first case of exclusive in-game items ? I mean these merchants ?

Because I don't know any other games that did it at that point (except online games, maybe).

Tekken 5...

Still playing Might and Magic 7... and loving it. Getting close to the end now though, so I've started a new game that I can slowly transition into once MM7 is completed.

Replaying the original Baldur's Gate. But I am using Tutu (a conversion that allows you to play the original using the Baldur's Gate 2 engine).

Baldur's Gate is a game that I really enjoyed, but I've only played it once. And that was right when it was initially released. So, by now I've forgotten most of it... so I expect to enjoy this new play-through.

Back
Top Bottom