What games are you playing now?

Playing KotOR2. I'm enjoying it a lot more than KotOR1 at this point :) Just got off Peragus and landed in Telos. Writing is so much better than KotOR1, I'm loving it :)

Edit:

Ah crap. I just realised I started the game without installing Restoration mod =.= NOOOOO

Question: Can you install restoration mod on steam version? Do I have to restart the game or can I still play with current save after installing mod? If no, how much value do I lose for not installing the mod?

Last edited:
Unepic.

Playing Unepic bought on gog this week in the platformer bundle.

Holy crap I'm having a blast!!!
I have played more than 5 hours today.
That's a feat. It has been quite some time sicne I've not played a game for that long in a single day.

I'm just a little pissed that I couldn't figure out how to configure my Logiteck F710 gamepad to work.
Guess I'm not alone and there's also a problem with that gamepad on Steam.

It's playable with the keyboard but I'd obviously prefer the gamepad.

Get this game when you have the chance.

Last edited:
I'm playing the recent Shadow Warrior title, and quite enjoying it. I also just started Of Orcs and Men, a game that I've had recommended by several friends. Right now it feels like one of those games that is highly flawed, but has some qualities that make it stand out (not entirely unlike Alpha Protocol, though I would not say that this game is anything like that one).

Dumped about 100 hours into Football Manager 2013 over the past few weeks. I hate soccer but boy do I love that game. Taking a break for a bit to play Divinity Original Sin, but the long slow combat is kind of dragging on me already.

I'm 30 hours (officially) into Gothic 2 NOTR and almost ready to start chapter 2.

It was great to go through everything I could. I completed as many quests as I could.

I'm a bit sad that Canthar took over Sarah's spot in the market even though I didn't do what he asked. She just disappeared :(

The game is still great even though it was released more than 10 years ago now …

I like almost everything about the game, but the progression is great. I do feel that getting to become a mage so quickly after being a novice is a bit of a gamey thing as the dialogue makes you think it would take ages, but then it happens really easily.

Anyway, I'm off to try and beat up some more people and animals before officially starting chapter 2.

Just one question:
I understand some animals respawn from chapter to chapter like in Gothic 1, but what happens to the other animals yo haven't killed. they just stay there to be killed later ?

One little tip for newbies:
If you learn sneak, you can sneak past shadowbeasts and steal all the treasure around them. Quite useful as they hold some good things usually

Also, I've saved at two important junctions with a relatively strong character :
1. Before choosing who to be an apprenctice for
2. Before choosing a faction to join

So if anyone wants a quickstart and does not enjoy the first few hours of slogging through and being killed by young rats, then I can send these to you.

Just one question:
I understand some animals respawn from chapter to chapter like in Gothic 1, but what happens to the other animals yo haven't killed. they just stay there to be killed later ?
Yes, they eagerly wait for you to kill 'em! You need that XP desperately to build your hero, Gothic 2 can't be finished in 10 minutes like levelscaling crapgames.
So don't worry, they won't disappear.

That tip is good, however don't forget to return later and nail those for XP.

Just one question:

This is just me making an educated guess, as I've only beaten Gothic 2 once. The enemies that you have not killed will still be there for you. On the other hand, if an enemy is supposed to spawn where an other enemy previously was located, I don't think it will spawn, or it will replace the previous enemy.

I just started playing Divinity: Original Sin - there was a patch already - and I am quite happy playing it on my MacBook Air ... which is cool playing a new release game on a laptop not much more powerful than an iPad :)

The problem I have is that both wargs and shadow beasts kill me easily ( I have some better armour now so I'll try one more time)
So I am thinking of leaving them until chapter two but if this means their kids don't red pawn in chapter two then that's a bit annoying.

Quick phone message but any comment would be appreciated.

Man… Leave them, they will be there till the end of the game, don't worry.

The way I remember it, respawns in Gothic 1&2 happen regardless if you cleared that area in a previous chapter.

Example: Lets say there's a section of forest with 5 Wargs. You kill the 5 Wargs and then Chapter 2 spawns 3 more Wargs in that area.

If you don't kill the 5 Wargs in Chapter 1, then there will be a total of 8 Wargs there in Chapter 2.

The way I remember it, respawns in Gothic 1&2 happen regardless if you cleared that area in a previous chapter.

Example: Lets say there's a section of forest with 5 Wargs. You kill the 5 Wargs and then Chapter 2 spawns 3 more Wargs in that area.

If you don't kill the 5 Wargs in Chapter 1, then there will be a total of 8 Wargs there in Chapter 2.

Yep, I noticed this is how it works in Gothic 1. Made for some tough spots where I had to kill a bunch of Lurkers or something.

And mine: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arhu-2593/
Say hello to the Lady, the Mage and the Knight. ;)

Yes, you guys made me go out and get Diablo 3. Don't have as much time to play as I'd like, though.

Hello! But now I feel guilty. ;)

Greater Rifts in the upcoming patch might be more interesting than the grindy grind, but my arcane torrent wizard looks to be getting nerfed. :( Still waiting for a Thunderfury, Gesture of Orpheus, and a +2 Mirrorball to drop.

I really should try out the other character types.

I'm playing the Keep on the Borderlands mod for ToEE. Fun game if you like the slow paced combat of turn-based AD&D. What the mod does is surround the keep with a village that contains several quests. This gives non-combat skills some meaning and eases some of the tedium that existed in ToEE. Fun game and it can be brutal to level up the first time. By level 3 your party starts to stand on its own.

I've just installed Might and Magic X, so I imagine I'll be playing that for the next little while. I'd forgotten that it uses Uplay. Booo!

I hope it's got a bit less of the constantly running around looking for trainers than 6 and 7. That always threw off the flow of those games for me.

I was going to start Risen 1 and 2 next as I have never played either. Started the first one but now I find myself enjoying DOS.

Baldur's Gate 2 EE + mods. Played it once at release so obviously i dont remember much at all. I think i'm having more fun with it now than ever, at least i can't remember liking it THIS much :) I'm still in chapter 2 and i've already played around 72h (3h or so is probably idling). That's kind of amazing, but i'm guessing the later chapters are short?

Edit: 77h it says on my Steam account.

That's kind of amazing, but i'm guessing the later chapters are short?
Chapter 2 is the less linear chapter in the game, so usually you do all optional stuff here, like companion quests, side quests etc. So it's quite common to have the most playtime here.
In the later chapters there are some passages where you won't be able to travel the sword coast, but you're stuck a new "region".

Chapter 2 is the less linear chapter in the game, so usually you do all optional stuff here, like companion quests, side quests etc. So it's quite common to have the most playtime here.
In the later chapters there are some passages where you won't be able to travel the sword coast, but you're stuck a new "region".

Ok, i'm fine with that i think.. I've had my "open world fix" after almost 80h anyways hehe.

Back
Top Bottom