Heroes of Might & Magic VI - Release Dates Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ubisoft has unveiled the release date for Might & Magic Heroes VI on their forums:
Hi all
16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I’m pleased to confirm the releases date for Might & Magic Heroes VI for you all as follows….

• US - 21st June
    Europe - 23rd June
    UK - 24th June

If you’ve not already, check out details of Might & Magic Heroes Collector’s Edition RIGHT HERE!
More information.

Very good, later than I thought. That means I have (hopefully) enough time to finish The Witcher 2 and start Dungeon Siege 3 by then.

And yes, I could just wait and play some of the games later, but since I am a The Witcher fan, an Obsidian Fanboy and a devoted follower of the cult of HoMM I just…can't. :(

Edit: The CE looks nice, but I think I'll buy the normal one on steam.

I must admit that HOMM VI looks promising, and 23rd of June works for me, still got many games that i want to finish.

As for the version, i also plan on getting me the normal one from steam.

Ah, the usual layout.

1. US
2. EU
3. UK

No surprise at all.

Always aiming for the biggest markets. That's corporatism.

Wish that CE was coming out in the US... not sure I want this game enough to import it. Not sure I want this game enough to buy it in general really.

It is not going into the US ? I must say that I'm surprised, actually ...

Well, that's bad. I'd be angry then, too.

Ah, the usual layout.

1. US
2. EU
3. UK

No surprise at all.

Well, those days are close enough that personally, I would call it a simultaneous release. Certainly nothing to waste energy being upset over?

Well, those days are close enough that personally, I would call it a simultaneous release. Certainly nothing to waste energy being upset over?

Maybe not getting upset over. Just left wondering about the reason behind those delayed releases in the day and age of digital distribution.

Maybe not getting upset over. Just left wondering about the reason behind those delayed releases in the day and age of digital distribution.

Because retailers are still the most important avenue for publishers and they demand same-day releases of digital versions. UK retailers do not want to switch to US release days.

Ah, the usual layout.

1. US
2. EU
3. UK

No surprise at all.

Welcome to the realities of the world I guess...

I wish they would decide that a new might and magic game would be good instead of all the heroes of...I'm playing part 7 now and was thinking how easy it would be to make a modern day version.

I thought it was because US retailers re-stock on Tuesdays & UK ones on Fridays? 21 June = Tuesday, 24 June = Friday.

I thought it was because US retailers re-stock on Tuesdays & UK ones on Fridays? 21 June = Tuesday, 24 June = Friday.

It is. And UK retailers refuse to change.

The internet makes everyone think we all live in the same country though, and people see others playing the game earlier, so they complain.

But - since everything's marketing, right ? - Publishers could try to see that and thus put the release dates so that these restock dates are met with the release of the game(s) … But since they just don't believe in things like "reputation" (EA, for example, yes, especially EA ! - there's so much they could do to avoid in terms of complaints if they'd just to a little bit in that direction, imho !), that won't never ever happen, I fear …

And yes, I could just wait and play some of the games later, but since I am a The Witcher fan, an Obsidian Fanboy and a devoted follower of the cult of HoMM I just…can't. :(.

Yeah, 2011 is going to be a busy year for a lot of us. TW2 is my first priority, and then Duke Nukem Forever that same month.

I'm sure I'll pick up HoMM 6, as I have all the other Heroes games, even though I've never actually completed any of them :)

I'm determined to beat all the HoMM campaigns. So far, I've completed HoMM1 (all four of the characters) and I've just finished HoMM2 Price of Loyalty (I finally beat Wizard's Isle with the help of a walkthrough, Summon Boat and lots of uses of Mirror Image). HoMM3 next!

It is. And UK retailers refuse to change.

The internet makes everyone think we all live in the same country though, and people see others playing the game earlier, so they complain.

That fact may explain UK retailers, but why is then the release date set for the rest of Europe (the European Union with the exception of the UK but including Switzerland and Norway) on a different date? I doubt that all those countries have the same traditional release date.

And those restock dates only apply to some publishers. A recent example involving AAA games: Dragon Age 2 was released on March 11th in the UK (a Friday) and on March 10th in Germany (Western Europe Region for EA). Shogun 2 (the current part of the Total War series and a AAA game, published by Sega) was released on March 15th both in the UK and the rest of Europe (a Tuesday).

And this is the reason I don't understand it. These release dates seem to be mainly a publisher problem and not a retail one.

That fact may explain UK retailers, but why is then the release date set for the rest of Europe (the European Union with the exception of the UK but including Switzerland and Norway) on a different date? I doubt that all those countries have the same traditional release date.

And those restock dates only apply to some publishers. A recent example involving AAA games: Dragon Age 2 was released on March 11th in the UK (a Friday) and on March 10th in Germany (Western Europe Region for EA). Shogun 2 (the current part of the Total War series and a AAA game, published by Sega) was released on March 15th both in the UK and the rest of Europe (a Tuesday).

And this is the reason I don't understand it. These release dates seem to be mainly a publisher problem and not a retail one.

I don't know about specific retailer dates outside the UK but I am sure there are logistics involved in getting packaged games to all those countries. The point is that digital sales cannot happen until the retail sales are ready.

I would love for everyone to get to play on the same day, don't get me wrong, I am just saying it is more complicated than many people seem to realize.

I'm determined to beat all the HoMM campaigns. So far, I've completed HoMM1 (all four of the characters) and I've just finished HoMM2 Price of Loyalty (I finally beat Wizard's Isle with the help of a walkthrough, Summon Boat and lots of uses of Mirror Image). HoMM3 next!

Is HoMM1 really still worth playing though? I was just going to start with HoMM2 if I ever get around to doing full playthroughs of the series.

UK Greenwich Time ?
Continental Europe has middle european time ...

But wait, that's only +1 hour, not +1 day ... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom