GameBanshee - Brother None is Leaving Gamebanshee - to join InXile

aries100

SasqWatch
Brother None, aka Thomas Beekers, has left the building - ehm - Gamebanshee. In a post
at the Gamebanshee site, he explains why:

You may have heard that I have joined inXile as a line producer, working on the production and community end for both Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera. I'll be doing a lot of day-to-day grind stuff to perfect internal and external communication, get the Torment Kickstarter perfected, work on sorting through the backers of Wasteland 2, and doing public communication and community stuff for both titles. The sad thing of it is that this creates a conflict of interest situation for my work here at GameBanshee that I'm not entirely comfortable with. Even if I avoid writing about anything inXile-related, there's still too great a chance of bias seeping in when I'm looking at other games in the RPG genre. I'd certainly like to keep writing about games, but this kind of colored commentary does not fit the standards GameBanshee sets for itself. For that reason, I'm hanging up the hat as a "video game journalist" (or reviewer, rather).
More information.

Yeah well. I gotta remind people that the reason I got invited to join GameBanshee in the first place, those six years ago, was this interview with MCA and Colin McComb here on RPGWatch. And now, six years on, I'm working with Colin McComb! Funny how things go.

Thanks guys.

Congrats and best of luck!!!

Congratulations, I just hope it won't keep you from coming around RPGWatch though.

Good luck, Brother None, certainly exiting games to be involved with! Although I'd rather see you in the design department than as a producer... Bit of a loss for RPG games journalism, no doubt. I hope your outstanding background knowledge will stay with us on the forums at least.

I know I'm being cynical here, but my first thought is.. inside source! Yes!

Anyway, congratulations and good luck!

Excellent news. I've always respected your writings and I think you'll help them stay on the straight and narrow path towards crpg greatness.

Certainly a name in the "video games journalism" industry that I respect. Kudos to you for your hard work and all the best for the future.

Gratz and thanks for all the great reviews! :party:

I respect your decision, Brother None, I would have acted in a similar way.

I wish you a successful time there ! :thumbsup:

All the best BN and well deserved!

Glad to see that to some people moral integrity is more important than Doritos and Mountain Dew.

Will your new job mean less time on forums like RPGWatch, and RPGCodex? Or more time as "community manager" usually means "a PR guy on the forums making games sound good"?

I assume that he already knows these traps.

Good for you, BN! Hopefully this won't cut into your cogent contributions here and on the Iron Tower forums.

Back
Top Bottom