Dead Island - DLC Ryder White Review

aries100

SasqWatch
A review for this DLC can be found at Now Gamer. The score is 6.1/10 and here's a quote:
Unlike the main campaign, Ryder White also simplifies things to a single objective. Taking away player choice and focusing their efforts down to what is now, quite obviously, a corridor, also works against the game’s fantastic open environment. Here, it’s just the combat that will keep you interested. There’s only one new character, Ryder himself. Unlike the main quest there is no co-op; this is designed to be a single-player experience.
More information.

Yes well I loved it. Its what the campaign should of been like instead of the forced co-op design.

It's disapointing that this game turned out so bad, would've loved a true open-world zombie FPS/RPG.

+1

I know a lot of people here seemed to enjoy Dead Island well enough, but it was one of the biggest disappointments of 2011 for me.

From the repetitive quests to the ridiculous loot system and zombie/item respawning, I found it to be mediocre in just about every way imaginable. I tried playing it twice, but even mods couldn't save it for me.

From what I have played of it, Dead Island was really fun. Yes, it's meant for Co-Op really. Part of it's appeal is that there are so few games like it, only Borderlands comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom