Beltion - Russian Release Dated

Wow finally! I want this game, I hope there is a US release. It looks action focused, but the combat looks great :)

Looks like much more of an action game (along the lines of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic) than an RPG but that's just from the trailer. If it's based upon fiction by a known author then there is likely a strong story element which is good and even an action game can be a lot of fun; or better yet maybe it is also an RPG along with the action.

That youtube clip didn't entice me at all. It looks like high speed action with crappy animations. Archery looked like fun, though.

You can't really tell what kind of game this is but from what it looks like you do talk to plenty of npcs and at least one of them looks like a vendor. Most of these companies focus on the fighting and graphics when it comes to putting out video and screenshots of games. We might learn more if someone translates the site.

PS. On the about page it says action-rpg and I think one of the features was about npcs. If someone translated the about page we would know much more about the game.

According to the video, it will be a decent action game with little role play elements, if there will be any. Video reminded Enclave to me. If it will be half as good as Enclave i definitely want to play it. The screenshots that they pablished to internet are pretty good also.

So it enticed you a little bit;)
Not really. Taken from that video, it had some good points, like some of the art direction, which looked very nice, and, as I mentioned, archery looked compelling, too. I don't like incessant melee fighting with overly hectic, bad animations, though, and that's a deal breaker.

I like playing CRPGs, but I don't really play that much. I tend to abandon games, sometimes right after the start, if they annoy me with minor things and don't make me want to explore further. This one looks as if it would annoy me with major aspects.

I'm guessing this is similar to Two Worlds or what Dungeon Lords should have been.

Perhaps a bit of steam punk? He pulls out a musket or a shotgun at 2:15 of this video to eradicate some zombies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_RzRlK2hpw

Looks like a musket:
images

Eww. I was horrified by the animations. So far no russian game has been good and I believe it will continue that way for a long time.

Like I said in my post above most game companies focus on combat and graphics when it comes to video and screenshot promotion of a game. That would mean that they wouldn't be showing the rpg parts of the game.

PS. If all media for Fallout and Fallout 2 focused on the combat would you think it was a turn-based strategy game. If they did it would look like it.

Back
Top Bottom