Skyrim - Wil Weaton Interviews Todd Howard

I don't know, in a lot of ways I'm like you, I used to love sitcoms, and now I dislike them and hate the laugh track. But there are exceptions, and BBT is definitely one of them. There are also some really funny/clever sitcoms that don't have laugh tracks (ie community).

Laff Tracks are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me now. I stopped watching network sitcoms a few years back and now can't even listen to 20 seconds of that stuff without violently leaping towards the remote for a channel switch (not an exaggeration). I know BBT and other similar shows are filmed before a "live" audience, but it's that fake live audience where they laugh based on cue cards held up at the appropriate time (aka a "live" laff track).

And I'm not trying to sound elitist here. I used to watch sitcoms like crazy, but once you give them up, you can't go back.

You're not. Before Skyrim and Deus Ex HR and Fallout Vegas came out, U9 was in my all time top 10 RPGs. It was my favorite Ultima although in reality it really wasn't an Ultima game. And yes, it wasn't playable until years after its release.

As far as Will Wheaton, he expertly plays a dickwad scientist in Eureka. I didn't even recognize the guy until I saw the credits. I had to go online and check out his bio to see he put on some weight and got a tad older.

Oh good there are 2 of us.:)

Wil Wheaton is the worst human being ever and anything he's involved in usually sucks a lot. That means I won't watch this interview. I hate him so much.

Also, only CBS and TVland sitcoms still have laugh tracks. NBC and ABC (and to a lesser extent FX) are on a roll when it comes to quality comedy. The new golden age of TV may be over when it comes to dramas and scifi, but half hour comedies are #1 right now (outside of CBS and TVland).

Wil Wheaton is the worst human being ever and anything he's involved in usually sucks a lot. That means I won't watch this interview. I hate him so much.

Wow, where is this coming from? Did he inhabit some dark corner of your childhood?

He's not the most successful actor around, but he seems like a nice guy and he's into RPGs.

He's an Ayn Rand-loving objectivist shitbag who spent the early 2000s trolling on SA. It's pretty easy to hate him if you know a bit about how he's represented himself through the years.

Really? I mean I couldn't really care less about an actor's political views in general, but that doesn't mesh at all with everything that I have read about him.

He's an Ayn Rand-loving objectivist shitbag who spent the early 2000s trolling on SA. It's pretty easy to hate him if you know a bit about how he's represented himself through the years.

Last edited:
Weaton/Wesley reminds me of myself... Child prodigy whose bright future was stunted due to video game addiction.

I have been on Something Awful a few times in the past and yeah if you are not a troll you are not fitting in on there so saying someone is a troll on SA is stating the obvious.

I loved Wesley Crusher and Star Trek and Skyrim. Wasn't motivated to watch him interview Todd though. Mostly because Todd is a dork and doesn't interview well. I keep hoping he'll go through puberty one day too and get a "man" voice :D

Back
Top Bottom