Dungeons of Dredmor - Official Release Date

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
The waiting for Gaslamp Games to release Dungeons of Dredmor is almost overwith. Gaslamp Games Dan Jaconson has just written a blog detailing the release date which is July 13, 2011. You will be able to get the game through Steam. I'll let him tell you about it:
Gaslamp Games is proud to announce that we have partnered with Valve to release Dungeons of Dredmor on the Steam platform for the exceptional price of $4.99 on Wednesday, July 13th. Gaslamp Games is dedicated to providing classic dungeon crawling adventure in the spirit of classic roguelikes to both seasoned and casual players alike.
“Our business acumen department has been hard at work within our underground lava-fortress for the last several weeks devising a distribution system for our product, pushing tiny models of software packages and legendary beasts around a map of the middle planes with wooden dowels,” said Gaslamp’s Daniel Jacobsen. “However, after the tragic death of the Last Gryphon at the hands of the overzealous Gnomish Flying Couriers, we decided that we needed a more proven content delivery system.”
Dungeons of Dredmor will be available through the Steam distribution network in both Windows and OS X flavors.
More information.

Last edited:
Boooyaaaa just in time for my holiday

Shame its going trough Steam. And only in two weeks. But ok

Boooyaaaa just in time for my holiday

And your new Dredmor-rat look is well timed, too. Happy holiday. :party2:

I have way more games than I have time to play now, but I do believe I will pick this up to support projects such as these…and I'll get around to actually playing it eventually. :p

Last edited:
reminder in my notebook:

12.07.2011 buy A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five
13.07.2011 buy Dungeons of Dredmor

Ahh, yes. I'll be putting aside the book I'm quasi-reading now in favor of that one. :p

Happy to see it on Steam. It's only 2 weeks away, but I'm amused to say I feel like a kid at the moment with an eternity of a wait.

I wonder if they are planning on any other form of distribution. I don't use Steam and I would really like to play this game.

Fairly likely I'll get it on Steam. My only concern really is in regards to the patching situation with respect to Steam's patch approval process that I've seen irk many people. While I somewhat doubt the patch pacing would be anywhere near as rapid as it was during beta, it IS a Roguelike, and the Dredmor team is pretty damn spiffy at knocking out problems in a direct manner.

I'm feeling confident the team will do it solid though, so unless something else manifests around that time like direct dev sales through BMT or some such to get them a tad bigger slice of the pie, I can deal with some patch delay at the worst.

I'll ask them about other ways of buying the game. I'm also a little concerned about the patching since they were Johnny-on-the-spot with the updates.

If not then I'll just get it through steam. Not exactly what I would want, but if that is the only option then that is the only option.

I hope the next time they release it first through their website and then through major sites like Steam, Impulse or the others.

@Capt Thanks, I love this rat. David made it. I love the way it looks like he's contemplating something. My guess is that he's thinking about ten different varieties of cheese ;)

I wonder if they are planning on any other form of distribution. I don't use Steam and I would really like to play this game.

Just talked to David and yes they are planning other forms of distribution. The first will definitely be steam, but some time later (not sure how long)you'll be able to find it somewhere else.

Definitely interested in this one especially at the price.

Those eyebrows still disturb me tho...

I too would very much prefer not having to run steam to play this…

Still I am not sure I'll be able to Hold off if there is nothing else to play (and I really need something to help me escape the clutches of DF on the macbook).

But hey, this thing is only $5! I'll probably buy now on Steam and then buy it again if they offer it directly themselves (or at least in a configuration not needing to run a bulky intrusive client to play the game).

The most important things are:

a) We all get to play the game very soon.
b) Gaslamp's success and therefore future comes first.
c) Our personal preferences on distributors are irrelevant.

Entering official super excited 14 day countdown in 3, 2, 1….

Edit: And I love that Dredrat avatar.

So, Skavenhorde, your hunch about Steam was spot-on after all.
I'm probably one of a few here who actually likes Steam as a distribution channel (maybe not as much as useless game overlay/resource hog), so I'm OK with that.

However, does anyone know, how does this release date correlate with assumed Steam summer sale (which should happen any time)? Won't it kill them, if the release takes place _right after_ the sale? People will have enough cheap games and not enough money to do impulse buys.

Last edited:
Maybe they include it in the sale ? That would be cool ?

PS

Damn , steam sale ?!

My Steam game list is becoming HUGE as it is

I hope they go with something like GOG. I use steam for most of my new games but for older games that should run fine without a graphic accelerator I sometime run on my linux machine under wine. This is possible with steam but it is so much easier with GOG.
-
Hum. maybe I should set up a real vm on the linux box; I have an extra xp license.

Just talked to David and yes they are planning other forms of distribution. The first will definitely be steam, but some time later (not sure how long)you'll be able to find it somewhere else.

If its on gog.com i will buy it !
Steam however is not my cup of water.

Back
Top Bottom