The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

My favourite Led Zeppelin is Physical Graphitti, closely followed by Presence. And Kashmir has for years been at the very top of my all time favourite rock song list.

pibbur who won't admit to any faults

Didn't Meatloaf write the music for Rocky Horror? I used to have the soundtrack and still like to watch the DVD every Halloween. On vacation in Costa Rica, some locals put on a performance that was hilariously bad. I'll never forget it.

AFAIK he just acted/sang in the movie. Music and lyrics were written by Richard O'Brien who also played Riffraff.

Nim Vind - The Fashion of Fear

fashion of fear

Saturday night creepers
Killer Creature double featureOutsiders
Blue Movie
in the Night (my favorite song by him)
The Midnight Crooon (fkn awesome driving rythmn)
Like a Guilloteen
Into the Sphere (great evil dead tribute)
The Bitter End

Awesome cd, my favorite right now. Straight up rock w/ a great classic voice, unlike most Ive heard. He's great, has some cool early rock influences in his style. If you like Tiger Army, misfits, this band is for you. Highly underrated and virtually unknown CD and artist. Dont get his next CD tho, the Stillness Illness is like 1/4 what this cd is. Some artists have all their best stuff on their first cd, thats certainly the case w/ Nim Vind.

I'm currently "re-listening the last two Enya albums :

- Amaranthine
- … And Winter Came …

I can very clearly recommend the second one if you like nice Christmas Music.

Last edited:
James Holden - Balance 005 (2003)
A really well put together tech house etc mix, the first CD (the better one) rests, besides other places, here.
A potentially pleasant "wake up" (or let´s partay :)) music.

Oliver Nelson - The Blues and the Abstract Truth (1961)
Stolen Moments
"Let´s partay differently" music :).

Also, the best Led Zeppelin song, no buts.

Last edited:
I'm totally into the Doors right now for some reason. I watched a documentary on them a few weeks ago, and since have been listening to their first 2 albums daily. First their debut "The Doors", and now absorbing their second "Strange Days" as well. Theyre both masterpieces of rock, and really quite dark for that time period. I didnt like Strange Days as much at first, but it's really grown on me to the point I dont know which one I like better now.

Except for "Horse latitdudes", the only piece on "strange days" that I skip. Jim fancied himself a poet, and I will grant him that some of his poetry translate to wonderful lyrics. The spoken word Horse Latitudes however, i'm close to simply deleting it from the folder so I dont have to skip it everytime. Its awful

I'm so happy that I still have several more albums of theirs to chow down on in the future, yeah!

New music by Matt Bartram (ex-Air Formation frontman), excellent noisy shoegaze msuic (for those of us who dont need our ears to bleed :biggrin:)
Two tracks from new ep are here: http://soundcloud.com/youwalkthroughwalls

Re early conversation, probably favourite Zeppelin album for me is Physical Grafitti although pushed by Presence. Favourite track? Probably this (played loud of course)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbrjRKB586s

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin is one of the very few groups where I like every single song they made.

Tool is another along with Lamb and Sia. Maybe Portishead, I need to listen to their last CD again. there may be another one or two but not many more.

Listening to the Christmas Channel on sky.fm.

I managed to ignore all the seasonal buzz until now, which I'm very proud of. I mean, shops have been selling X-Mas chocolate since October — what the heck? But now I'm about ready to start feeling mellow.

Listening to the Christmas Channel on sky.fm.

I managed to ignore all the seasonal buzz until now, which I'm very proud of. I mean, shops have been selling X-Mas chocolate since October — what the heck? But now I'm about ready to start feeling mellow.

Some stores in our area were decorating for Christmas after they pulled 'back to school' ... back in September!

Excerpt from the Live for Montserrat concert at the Royal Albert Hall some 15 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWtUvWO-Qv0

Mark Knopfler and band playing Brothers in Arms together with a symphonic orchstra. Especially the guitar solo at the end of this calm song is amazing.
The second song is a superb version of the Dire Straits mega hit Money for Nothing. Mark Knopfler and Sting on vocals, Knopfler and Eric Clapton on guitar, Phil Collins on drums.

While talking about the guitar gods Knopfler and Clapton, here's a wonderfully relaxed funky version of J.J. Cale's Cocaine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kInoeTycY60

Back
Top Bottom