Skyrim - Dragonborn dated for X360

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft sent over a fact sheet for Dragonborn, revealing a December 4th release date for the X360 version. Presumably the lack of a PC date means a few weeks of exclusivity, as per the previous DLC efforts:
PUBLISHER: Bethesda Softworks®
DEVELOPER: Bethesda Game Studios®
RELEASE DATE: December 4, 2012
PLATFORM: Xbox 360®
GENRE: Role-Playing
DESCRIPTION:
With this official add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.
KEY FEATURES:
 Explore Beyond Skyrim – Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
 Become the Ultimate Dragonborn – Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
 New Powers – Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
 New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more – Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.
More information.

What the?? I thought the exclusivity deal was done?

Well, I am kinda hoping for a Dec 21st release date. The Mayans may not have predicted the apocalypse but, if this game really takes you to the Oblivion plain of Apocrypha then at least they will have been close. ;)

My guess is the PC date will probably be about 30 days later, early January.

No idea about PS3, it sounds like they are working on getting Patch 1.8 certified by Sony, which would be the first step.

A series that was originally PC only now gets 1st release on consoles... Oh wait, this is Bethesda we're talking about, studio that released the last good game almost 10 years ago.

well that's cynical

and once again, if your company is getting paid extra to do that, why wouldn't you?
--
they must have had problems with this thing to miss Black Friday and Christmas for the PC.

they must have had problems with this thing to miss Black Friday and Christmas for the PC.

No they just got a Xmas bonus to release it on the Xbox first. The PS3 has problems not the pc.

Remember every game ever developed is made on the pc using dev kits from the console maker. No excuses I grow tired of them from publishers and developers.

No they just got a Xmas bonus to release it on the Xbox first. The PS3 has problems not the pc.

Remember every game ever developed is made on the pc using dev kits from the console maker. No excuses I grow tired of them from publishers and developers.

that doesn't make sense - do you make more money on Black Friday or Dec 4? Do you make more money on Christmas or January?

I think you missed the part where I said they get paid more by the console mfr to release it on their console first.

It would be nice if it was available before the Christmas holiday, but it's not a big deal for me to wait another month or two for this one. This game is so huge, I've had Dawnguard and Hearthfire installed for months and haven't even gotten around to starting any of those quests yet. And there are more and more excellent quest mods available free on the Workshop these days.

If you looked on the Nexus you would find far more mods then on the Workshop.

If you looked on the Nexus you would find far more mods then on the Workshop.

Yep, lots of great stuff on both. Wherever possible, I prefer the Workshop, as I have a lot of mods and it's more convenient to subscribe, rather than to keep checking all of them for updates, but I also use some Nexus mods that don't fit on the Workshop because they are larger than 100MB, or use .esm files, etc.

that doesn't make sense - do you make more money on Black Friday or Dec 4? Do you make more money on Christmas or January?

I think you missed the part where I said they get paid more by the console mfr to release it on their console first.

Let me clarify my point. The PC has no problem just people putting business ahead of common sense. Bethesda has been doing this since Fallout 3 so I'm not surprised.

It's not going to change even with the exclusive deal being finished. Im tired of the bullshit and really developers and publishers have no excuse for timed exclusivity except taking a best described as taking a bribe by console developer.

This is more a rant about the state of most publishers and developers not just Bethesda.

Not a big deal and some one really needs to chill and sit back since is not going to be like the dlc 20€ when the main game sells for 30€.

Back
Top Bottom