6NOV: The Apocolypse Cometh

Before the election or during? If before, and nothing was done, that is inexcusable. Day of election, too late, but still. I bet it's covered now. Someone could have put up a cover the day before.

What's more likely is that righties knew about it, waited until day of election to wail, cry, and boo hoo falsely, and hopefully cause all votes in a democratically leaning precinct to be thrown out. Ergo, more vote suppression from the right. ;)

Oooo, I see what you did there. Tricksy it is. Very tricksy. :D

(I doubt the booths were set up early since that would lead to serious security concerns, so there would be no way to identify the illegal electioneering ahead of time. It's highly likely the problem was caught pretty much as soon as possible. I do doubt there was anything sinister about it, and kinda doubt any of those voters were swayed in either direction by a mural, but where's the fun in being reasonable?)

Well someone could have checked the location ahead of time before the booths were set up. That's a mural on the wall, not a booth. But we know due diligence is rare nowadays. ;)

And so it's come to pass. Won't be surprised to see $20 trillion in debt by 2016. Sigh. TWENTY TRILLION.

The Republican party's own damn fault - in a field of varied candidates, they opted for one of the most boring, mediocre, and just plain duplicitous schmucks out there.

Obama wins again on the electoral vote but not the popular vote what a surprise. God I hate this system.

Obama wins again on the electoral vote but not the popular vote what a surprise. God I hate this system.

As of right now it's Obama's 46,520,608 versus Romney's 46,826,135 votes.

So, yeah, there's some popular vote shenanigans in the making once again. But there are still many votes to still be counted, so time will tell.

With the house still in control of Republicans we won't be seeing any big changes.

It's easy to blame the republicans when the democrats are just as bad or worse. No party is evil incarnate they just have different agendas and beliefs.

I love how both party's and there supporters blame the other when both want nothing to do with each other.

Makes me glad I'm an independent. Sadly there will never be an independent president as people only see republican and democrat.

As of right now it's Obama's 46,520,608 versus Romney's 46,826,135 votes.

So, yeah, there's some popular vote shenanigans in the making once again. But there are still many votes to still be counted, so time will tell.

Yeah give a few days to stabilize but it wont change how much I still hate the election system and process.:

On the plus side we will have to vote for two other candidates next time. I guarantee both will be worse or hey one could be Hilary Clinton.:lol: At least Bill would be back in the white house.

Last edited:
Waking up to this news is one of the best ways to start a day.

I am so happy that the forces of evil that brought Doobya and his debt policies upon us haven been kept at bay again.

Obama has won. The American people has won. The world has won.

On the plus side we will have to vote for two other candidates next time. I guarantee both will be worse or hey one could be Hilary Clinton.:lol: At least Bill would be back in the white house.

I would have voted for Hillary Clinton before Obama or Romney.

I'm not saying Obama is perfect but I have no doubt that Romney would have been just like Bush and I have no wish for a Bush repeat so I'm happy with the results.

I think the biggest problem with the US voting system is that you win all electors in a state if you get majority. The only exceptions are Nebraska and Maine when you get a proportion of the electors dependent upon the vote percentage.

This means the entire election is decided in a few swing states like Ohio or Florida. E. g. it's a waste for the Republicans to do any campaigning in California because the Democrats are likely to win the state 60/40. That means all 55 electors go to the Democrats. If a proportional system had been used then 22 electors would have gone to the Republicans and 33 to the Democrat with the expected result.

The good thing about a proportional system is that ALL states now become important and the candidates must campaign in all states. This means that you can gain electors in any state if you campaign well there, despite being the smallest party.

Obama has 500.000 more votes than Romney at the moment. With a proportional system Obama would be expected to have just above 270 and not over 330 (if he also wins Florida). Then the new President will most likely be the one with the most number of total votes.

I wonder why the Americans don't want a system like they use in Nebraska and Maine used in all states.

Waking up to this news is one of the best ways to start a day.

I am so happy that the forces of evil that brought Doobya and his debt policies upon us haven been kept at bay again.

Obama has won. The American people has won. The world has won.
Your complete ignorance is showing. Obama and his democrat cronies added more debt to this nation in 3.5 years than Dubya did in 8. It's a documented fact. But don't let that get in the way of your baseless rant.

Your complete ignorance is showing. Obama and his democrat cronies added more debt to this nation in 3.5 years than Dubya did in 8. It's a documented fact. But don't let that get in the way of your baseless rant.

Yeah, and that debt is definitely direct proof of everything Obama stands for and is personally responsible for.

I'm so pleased people didn't all wear DTE blinders for the election :)

And so it's come to pass. Won't be surprised to see $20 trillion in debt by 2016. Sigh. TWENTY TRILLION.

The Republican party's own damn fault - in a field of varied candidates, they opted for one of the most boring, mediocre, and just plain duplicitous schmucks out there.
Agree completely. I guess America will get exactly what she asked for. We probably ought to pay better attention to Greece--might learn a tactic or two for when our debt finally tips.

Yeah, Bush and that super justified invasion certainly has nothing to do with the debt :)

Oh, and that little financial crisis has nothing to do with the people and corporations - but exclusively the current leadership ;)

Yeah, and that debt is definitely direct proof of everything Obama stands for and is personally responsible for.

I'm so pleased people didn't all wear DTE blinders for the election :)
Let me get this straight--our friend makes a grand pronouncement, gloriously spewing something that is completely, factually inaccurate (and easily verifiable, to boot) and I'm the one that's wearing blinders. Must be some of that enlightened logic again.

Back
Top Bottom