Massive Chalice - Kickstarter ends at $1.2 million

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Massive Chalice Kickstarter campaign ended at $1,229,015 out of an initial $725,000 target. It's officially funded now. Time will tell what the game will turn out to be as I have no clue at this point.
We Did It! Because of YOU!

Well backers, it’s been a wild ride! Thank you so much for making MASSIVE CHALICE a reality!

Campaign is Over

Brad sunk into a deep sleep today (some would call it a “three-day hibernation”) but he managed to record one last message before his head hit the pillow!

Reminders

Although the MASSIVE CHALICE Kickstarter is over, there are still a few things you should keep in mind:

Payment Issues

By now you should have received an email from Kickstarter saying that MASSIVE CHALICE has funded. YEAH! In that email are the details of your pledge. If there were any issues with processing your payment you have one week to fix them. Check out Kickstarter’s FAQ for more details.

Slacker Backer Options

Our Slacker Backer options are live! They’re more limited than what was offered during the Kickstarter campaign, and lack certain perks such as physical goods, extra copies, and name in the credits, all of which were intended to reward those who helped make the campaign a success. But if you have friends who missed out, spread the word! Visit massivechalice.com/back to check it out. We support payment through PayPal and Bitcoin.

Let’s Keep the Conversation Going!

We’re all ears and would love to hear what you have to say! Head over to the MASSIVE CHALICE forums to join the conversation. www.massivechalice.com/forums

Surveys

Many of you have asked about when our rewards survey will be going out. Once we’ve finalized all the payment issues, have updated our backer database, and are ready to start shipping rewards, we’ll send out the surveys. That’s going to take some time, so we appreciate your patience! We’ll let you know when the time comes.
More information.

I agree - no idea how this will turn out. Is it just a make work project for a team they would otherwise have had to lay off? Did the KS make enough money for them to make a decent game? They appear to be modelling the game on XCOM Enemy Unknown, but that game cost a lot more than $1m to make, I reckon.

The KS definitely suffered through the game not being very well defined and not having stretch goals, especially in the final stages.

Apart from having a recognizeable developer, this game seems to break the mold of what makes for a kickstarter success, at least according to the few articles/discussions I've read online. It doesn't really show what kind of game it is and there are no demos or videos of progress. It just really seems to me to be selling a hope of a good game from good developers. I hope it lives up to it.

Apart from having a recognizeable developer, this game seems to break the mold of what makes for a kickstarter success, at least according to the few articles/discussions I've read online. It doesn't really show what kind of game it is and there are no demos or videos of progress. It just really seems to me to be selling a hope of a good game from good developers. I hope it lives up to it.

The only rule of kickstarter success is that there are no rules

I personally have zero interest in stretch goals. I don't want a t-shirt with the game logo on it, I don't want characters in the game written by fans, and I especially don't want a tacky plastic statuette.

screeg, what about a rubber doll? :p

It would be interesting if now they show gameplay to be a bejeweled game :)

Back
Top Bottom