SpellForce 2: FiD - Delayed to Avoid Diablo

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Nordic Games sent in a press release announcing a delay to Spellforce 2: Faith in Destiny to avoid a certain diabolical game. Spellforce 2: FiD will now release on June 19th:
SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny postponed to 19th June 2012
Release postponed due to diabolic reasons
VIENNA, AUSTRIA (19th April 2012) - Nordic Games GmbH hereby announces that the release of the second stand-alone add-on of the SpellForce 2 series – Faith in Destiny – will be postponed to 19th of June 2012.

“As many already know, hell breaks loose on 15th of May 2012 and may possibly cause a global decrease in productivity, “sick leaves”, and consumption of vacation days. We think that this is a very unfavourable time for the release of SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny and have therefore decided to postpone it. Due to lowered resistance values, even we here at Nordic Games are not immune to said phenomenon and expect anomalies with regards to working hours of our colleagues and employees”, said Philipp Brock, Marketing & PR at Nordic Games.

“Unfortunately, our internal schedule for SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny did not allow for a postponement to an earlier date; therefore, after some productive feedback sessions with our partners, we have decided to release on 19th of June, 2012”, added Gennaro “Genna” Giani Localization and Production Manager at Nordic Games.
More information.

I fail to see how the game has anything to do with Diablo3. It was never competition.
This would make the 3rd or 4th delay. Sadly I hope the game is good but the developers give me doubt.

I still find it a lame excuse because most of us and the staff will be playing Diablo 3. Well sir as I stated before I'm not at least Risen 2 isn't afraid.

There the same company that made that unplayable Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods. And yes I'm not interested in Daiblo 3 never was. Now if Blizzard would ever finish Starcraft 2 then I wont have to play or buy any of there games again.

Last edited:
I fail to see how the game has anything to do with Diablo3. It was never competition.
This would make the 3rd or 4th delay. Sadly I hope the game is good but the developers give me doubt.

There the same company that made that unplayable Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods. And yes I'm not interested in Daiblo 3 never was. Now if Blizzard would ever finish Starcraft 2 then I wont have to play or buy any of there games again.

Don't know. "Forsaken Gods" was made by Trine Games from India. Most of the game databases state SF2-FiD as being developed by Trine, too.

But: SF2-FiD was started by Dreamcatcher Canada and continued by an internal team at Nordic Games since 2011. source: http://www.pcgames.de/Spellforce-2-...sel-und-Release-Termin-fuer-das-Addon-873079/ Trine isn't mentioned here.

IMHO are the devs probably Austrians or Germans.

Good idea to delay it. JoWooD wan't as clever for SF2. It came out in the same month as Oblivion and some Star Wars RTS.

Well here's hoping against hope that SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny is a decent game, been waiting for this for awhile now as SpellForce 2 is one of my all time favorites and still on my computer.

It should be fine as it was mostly done already- wasn't it delayed before Jowood went out?
Hopefully they didn't have a chance to screw it up

I just bought SpellForce 2 on GOG.com's special. Pretty cool!

I still play Spellforce there both good games. Hopefully Nordic does make good on the promise to make more.

Risen 2 is delayed too :) (edit: on consoles that is)

Used to play this game until I lost my save game and couldn't be forced to do all that game play again. Maybe in the future who knows?

Last edited:
I still play Spellforce there both good games. Hopefully Nordic does make good on the promise to make more.

Yeah, I'm glad that this game has graphics that are good enough, on par with your average quality original Xbox title. My tolerance threshold has unfortunately been raised over the years, but Spellforce 2 looks and plays modern enough that it doesn't bother me and for $5 this was a very good deal! Unique gameplay mix, too. It's the first time I've played this mix of ARPG and RTS and they've done it extremely well.

SF2 was an absolutely beautiful game when it came out.

I still find it a lame excuse because most of us and the staff will be playing Diablo 3.

Completely agree, it sounds incredibly unprofessional. They could have just as easily said we can't make the date because we will be playing Prototype 2 :p

I suspect this is BS and they are simply trying to cover for having already missed some important milestone date or too many bugs, etc.

Have you ever watched gameplay footage of Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Dungeon Siege 3, etc.? I cannot tell the difference between any of these and they do not look interesting in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom