Mass Effect - Video @ GameSpot

Too bad it's two years away, for the backbone of computer game systems, the PC. :(

No sh*t! Two years??! Where did you get that piece of info from? And yes, the game looks brilliant. Combat is unconvincing, but I do hope it won't be overdone, as the conversations seem superb.

Though I admit the game looks amazing visually, I have to say I think they've put FAR too much emphasis on something as trivial as "realistic" facial expressions during conversations. It really does nothing for me, and to be honest I don't really see how this is more "cinematic" than, say, Wing Commander 3 or 4. No matter how many expressions you can have your engine make, you will still need to record voice dialogue for the effect, so it's hardly all that useful.

Then again, if they've put as much work into the actual gameplay, I will be ecstatic.

Too bad it's two years away, for the backbone of computer game systems, the PC. :(

Do we have the official 'exclusion period' from Bioware? I would expect it to be at least 12 months, but am not sure.

Nothing official but unless m$ has changed, each previous title was held up 18-24 months for exclusion iirc and we were told this would be the last exclusive title by bioware.

The most recent example of Jade Empire released Apr 12, 2005 on xbox and Mar 01, 2007 on PC.

That's sort of why it's seems strange covering Mass Effect at RPGWatch, of course maybe I am missing something. :)

The video locked up my machine at work! If they weren't moving, I would swear they were stills or retouched photos.

Hehe, well I really didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I remembered there are about 5% or so of console gamers here and I am not trying to take away their coverage. ;)

I know it's not really bioware's fault, they did what they felt they had to do to survive, if that's what it would have taken to keep studios like Looking Glass, Black Isle and Troika in business then I hate to admit, I wish they would have done so.

It's just sort of like seeing a great girl get hooked up with a gbush, you hope she can get away before she is hurt or her spirit is damaged and we are the freinds and family hoping everything will be alright. :(

are you saying you have a crush on laura bush Acleacius?;)

I dont get excited about cutscenes anymore. Nothing special here from what I'm seeing. Got a few different races, their lips move.

Still haven't really seen enough of the game to make a proper judgement but I don't think I'll be buying a xbox for it.

There is a super defention version for download at shacknews if anyone is intrested, 98 meg.
You only need to be logged in and not a paying member to access the public server.
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11125/Mass+Effect+-+Character+Spotlight

curiously undead
Sadly, I would guess it's to late for laura to escape, but hopefully someone can save the twins. ;)

Too, bad everytime they try to go out and drink here in Austin they get arrested (well at least one has), can't believe the secret service even lets the police get close to her/them.
Of course it's deluded sociopaths like her father that think it's ok for 18 year olds to put their life on the line for there country, vote and have sex, but not drink.

woges
Heh, there is no game I would buy a xbox to play. :p

Back
Top Bottom