The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I guess I should have been clearer, I didn't mean that those were the only places to see a +3, but the level range where they start showing up in raids.

I have three who can lend a hand for getting Testy up cM.

If it's at a convenient time (time zone) then I have a couple as well. I should be available most evenings during the week, especially from Tues onwards your time. Just send me a message on Skype.

The cat is out of the bag ! : Mini-Golems as "creature companions" !
More about them here : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorelimitedrelease

New ? Old ? I don't know - but they are treats for the Underdark-Pre-purchase companions : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorecreaturecompanions

The newest DDO store sale : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

New Free Item Of The Week : "Major Elixir Of Experience", Coupon Code : MEE458
1 per Account.

Increased/better loot : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4434060&postcount=1

New info on the Expansion : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=371253

Beta begins May, 10th ? http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/107...dark-closed-beta-on-may-10th-screenshots.html

Last edited:
Forums are down. Right now.

Received my Turbine Points for testing via out-game mail today (or was it yesterday ?).
Had to be done radonmly because of law, the developers said, because it's a lottery.

Aside, a rather curious remark from another developer regarding the pets : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4436271&postcount=48

Some news :

The DDO Game Servers, web sites and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Monday, May 7th from 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums and may remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

General system-wide maintenance.

Crystal Cove runs through May 7th, so it'll be there all day on the 7th (when the servers are active, of course.) It will most likely be shut off sometime in the morning (Eastern) on the 8th, but there is no exact timeframe for when that work will occur. So, you're guaranteed through the 7th, any time after that should be considered a bonus!

Source : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=371357

dte's Wouldii —> TR1 machine gun nun
Corwin's Amberer —> TR1 animal lover
az's Mr Pump 19 —> artificer trap monkey
Peter pally —> TR2 pally
cm ??? —> ??? (some sort of melee, details TBD)
jm's ??? —> arcane
Updated with new info, jm uncertain which toon will TR or whether she'll start a new one. Should give us a fairly balanced group with most of us back to roles we're familiar and comfy with.

Last edited:
You can update that to Pure Artificer, Due to my ever-shifting schedule I'll be just picking up Pump when y'all hit 8. I'd just reroll, but I think he's ate a +2 supreme, and theres nothing actually wrong with his build.

You might be waiting quite some time. We won't get started until June and, with TR2's in the mix, it's liable to be quite some time before we get to lvl8. For that matter, I find it highly unlikely we'll have the current TRs anywhere near cap by the end of the month, so we're likely to be bouncing back and forth depending on what people feel like doing on any given session.

Depends; I won't be switching shifts until sometime in July. So, if y'all TR in June when the expansion lands, there may be a bit of time between then and when I change shifts. We probably will have Rachail, Roflpeter, and Sherina up to cap very soon; Roflpeter and Rachail are both holding 19.

I'll check Pump and see if I ate a +2 supreme, but if I did, I likely will keep him. If not, I'll reroll into a fresh, otherwise identical level 1 arty.

*EDIT* He has. I can't hardly justify losing $25, so it's now a matter of either waiting, or rolling a fresh Arty. At least with an Arty, I have a lot of gear banked for him.

The alternative is to roll up a fresh toon, and to be frank I'm not willing to gear up a new one just right now. That's the only reason I'm not planning pure Rogue or a Monk-splashed rogue (for feats). I want to have Rachail's existing gear set ready. Though going 18/2 Monk splashed Rogue and just using wraps has some appeal.

Regardless, we look to have a fairly potent mix. Pump/Arty will be WF, so self-healing and healing of any other WF party members in need. Corwin's Druid can heal, though I expect him to mainly take care of himself and help out in emergencies only. Of course Wouldii will be mainly a Cleric. Jm was talking Sorcerer, which means either she'll easily have the UMD for heal scrolls, or she'll be Warforged and can heal herself AND still have the UMD, Corwin (assuming he'll be WF as he originally planned), and Pump.

So at least half the group will have significant healing, 1 at least will have good UMD potential, 1 more will have backup emergency healing. That only leaves CM's whatever. In addition, we'll have two strong nuking classes, and two long ranged dps classes, one of which will boost all members weapon damage. Most all of us will have our own Resists, so buffing will be more spread out. Two at least with FoM, three with Deathward.

To top it off, two of us will have pets, as Druid is confirmed to bring a companion to the table. So we'll be effectively an 8 person group, with 4 melees.

While nothing has been set in stone, I'm considering leaving Amberer as Human whent I TR her to Druid. It will depend on the 'swings and roundabouts' inherent in the choice. I might mess around with a couple of Druid builds on Cannith first using vet status while reading up about other people's builds.

Well, one thing is that the WF healing penalty is huge. While I'd be able to help repair some, you would be getting half to 75% off of your own healing, without gear. And outside of raid loot, there is very little healing amp gear we can get you; I can craft a Blood shard for a docent for an additive 10%, and there's two more with 10% floating around at higher levels.

To top it off, a lot of the inherent WF immunities are, in PnP, matched by Druid immunities.

Human would net a extra feat on a feat-starved class, 100% base healing amp with up to 30% more healing amp. Plus an extra skill point, which is always nice. Plus matching the highest potential WIS. So all in all, Human should be a strong choice. After the enhancement reset, you could even potentially take Stalwart Defender and get a metric ton of hp from it.

Yeah, that's why I'm now seriously considering leaving her as Human. I guess we won't know anything for sure until they release all the details of how they plan to implement the class. Things could easily change between now and then.

Me and I think it was Jm did the Crystal Cove run two or three times yesterday together with someone I already knew from 3-5 runs there. It turned out that the amount of xp there isn't bad … I hadn't noticed it, since I was in rather for the item one gets - and for the fun of it, of course ! ;) ) we got something between 4000-5000 experience points for our (rather inexperienced, but still successful) level/CR 13 runs … All accompanied by 2 hirelings (or was it 3 ?).

After the last run we split because we just needed a break; I was fine with the Crystal Cove runs and with everything there. :) Yesterday was the last day of it.

In the end I had far too many Dubloons and decided to buy myself a few items for that - and for the "stolen gems". Result was

- an Admiral's hat (I later exchanged Dubloons for a violet colour for it)
- enhancements for that
- "Duellist's Leathers" - level 12
- a "Swashbuckler" shield - level 16 (had too few gems for level 12)
- a "pirate's ring" - level 12, too (I think the Wiki calls it "Ring of the Bucaneer")

You can see everything here http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Treasure_of_Crystal_Cove_loot and I still didn't look through everything … But the stats are not unimpressive, I think.

More, general info on the Crystal Cove event from the Wiki : http://ddowiki.com/page/Treasure_of_Crystal_Cove

Depends; I won't be switching shifts until sometime in July. So, if y'all TR in June when the expansion lands, there may be a bit of time between then and when I change shifts. We probably will have Rachail, Roflpeter, and Sherina up to cap very soon; Roflpeter and Rachail are both holding 19.
RhoGu is a rank into 19 now. Shadohe actually made 19 yesterday, but I held her at 18 so she can run with a wider range of "catch-ups".
I'll check Pump and see if I ate a +2 supreme, but if I did, I likely will keep him. If not, I'll reroll into a fresh, otherwise identical level 1 arty.

*EDIT* He has. I can't hardly justify losing $25, so it's now a matter of either waiting, or rolling a fresh Arty. At least with an Arty, I have a lot of gear banked for him.

The alternative is to roll up a fresh toon, and to be frank I'm not willing to gear up a new one just right now. That's the only reason I'm not planning pure Rogue or a Monk-splashed rogue (for feats). I want to have Rachail's existing gear set ready. Though going 18/2 Monk splashed Rogue and just using wraps has some appeal.
Definitely no point in trashing a good toon with a +2 supreme invested. Does Pump's build allow enough points to keep the trap monkey skills up to snuff?
Regardless, we look to have a fairly potent mix. Pump/Arty will be WF, so self-healing and healing of any other WF party members in need. Corwin's Druid can heal, though I expect him to mainly take care of himself and help out in emergencies only. Of course Wouldii will be mainly a Cleric. Jm was talking Sorcerer, which means either she'll easily have the UMD for heal scrolls, or she'll be Warforged and can heal herself AND still have the UMD, Corwin (assuming he'll be WF as he originally planned), and Pump.
There shall be no healing for robots with no healing amp. So sayeth the healer. ;) Actually, self-healing will be valuable, at least at the beginning. Even if I spread the 2 arty levels out, I'll still be behind on my healing spells and, presumably, a little tighter on spell points. The healbot part of the build will mitigate that some, but I expect it will still be a little interesting at the early levels.

So, I've been doing some thinking. Are we going to end up punting on the current group of TRs? I think Corwin will explode if he doesn't get his druid, so it's not likely that we'd wait on building the new crew. The TRs are approaching lvl13. With a month of sessions, we might make 16, but I doubt it would be much beyond that. We'll have the opportunity to bounce back and forth, but I don't see a lot of that happening, given the choice between new shinies and a party largely built around each of us doing something "outside our box".

More than enough. I have every Arty skill maxed except repair. And I have points into a couple other skills. I'm running out of skills worth putting points into. :p

Remember, once you hit Gianthold levels will fly by. It was less than a month ago that Rachail was 15. GH elite then hit Vale likely at 17 or close to it. Once at the Vale, you'll hit 18 very quickly, and can branch around to other 16+ packs to finish up. I expect Rachail will only realistically need two more sessions like our last one Sat. to hit the end. That should get Sherina to 19 as well, with plenty of room to spare.

Back
Top Bottom