Major Explosion in Oslo - Pm's office destroyed

Looks like the guy was well awarded - atleast in his own crazy mind. Too bad they didnt allow him to wear it after the massmurder.

%255BPICS%255D+Anders+Behring+Breivik+Is+The+Son+Of+A+Diplomat+Inspired+By+Unabomber-6.jpg

yqIUr.png

Last edited:
A commentator says he will very likely use his trial as a platform for giving out his "philosophies" - marketing for free, sort of.

That doesen't matter - whatever crazy drivel he will spout, the western world will be disgusted by it. If you want to further your crazy agenda, you shouldn't kill Kids.

His actions were a lesson for me, that I have nearly forgotten: Evil doesen't have to have brown skin and wear towels on the head - it might be blonde, blue eyed and wearing a police-uniform.

The cancer is within all humanity. What we need to do is understand it - not succumb to those who thrive on it.

I can tell you what I think would help - but it would derail the thread completely. I don't think that's appropriate at this moment.
I know what you are talking about and this spring after starting to follow politics more closely I have had similar feelings about humanity. But lets not derail the threat. Its not worth it.

A commentator says he will very likely use his trial as a platform for giving out his "philosophies" - marketing for free, sort of.

That's what he wants. He tried to do this at his trial today, but that was denied him since 1) the hearing was closed to the media, not public. 2) he wasn't allowed to appear in his uniform - probably the one shown above. And 3) the judge cut him short when he started reading from his manifesto, since that was irrelevant to the question of temporary custody.

The final trial will largely be public, so what happens then is another matter.

Finally some good news… they have lowered the death toll to 68 for the island… that was unexpected. We can also conclude that norway was in no way prepared for something like this. Police acted too slow, information was wrong and so on.

I totally understand this and I think now is the time to improve!

It's much too early to draw any conclusions. But of course, there are things that need to be examined eventually.

this is a comment from an al jazz article :

"'‎The Norwegian bomber was a white Christian, so I guess that means we should have increased security checks at airports for anyone wearing a crucifix, should treat any Christian looking person like a potential terrorist threat and we should probably stop any Churches from being built around where the attacks took place cuz like, it would be as if they were celebrating"

"'‎The Norwegian bomber was a white Christian, so I guess that means we should have increased security checks at airports for anyone wearing a crucifix, should treat any Christian looking person like a potential terrorist threat and we should probably stop any Churches from being built around where the attacks took place cuz like, it would be as if they were celebrating"
I think the current day christians are amatours when it comes to terrorism.
Christians in Muslim Countries

In Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country and one traditionally renowned for its religious toleration, terrorists bombed churches in 18 cities, killing scores and wounding hundreds. Violence against the Christian minority has steadily continued over the past decade." As an example, he cited the beheadings of three Christian teenage girls in Sulawesi in late October. International Christian Concern's Jeff King brought photos of the incident; the girls' heads were left at a church, each with a note that vowed, "We will murder 100 more Christian teenagers and their heads will be presented as presents."

In Egypt Christians are treated as "second-class citizens" under state-sponsored discrimination and actively persecuted by Islamic militants apart from the government. He cited the week-long riot in October against St. George's Coptic Church in Alexandria by a 10,000-strong mob incensed by rumors of blasphemy.

Christians face repression in Iran. Tehran's tyrannical President Ahmadinejad met with 30 provincial governors and reportedly declared, "I will stop Christianity in this country," avowing to shut down the country's growing house-church movement.

In Saudi Arabia, Christians, a large percentage of the foreign workers making up a quarter of the population, will not be able to find any churches whatsoever to worship in. Churches are forbidden. Dozens of those who pray together in private houses were arrested and jailed earlier this year. This fanatically intolerant kingdom even forbids Muslims, under threat of death, to wish a Christian "Happy Holidays," much less "Merry Christmas."

Last Christmas in Iraq, St. John's Church near Mosul was attacked. Assyrian cultural expert Eden Naby described the scene: "The Mass begins. It is cold inside the stone church. Suddenly you hear automatic fire. The doors fly open. The Christian guards are shot, and in march armed Kurdish Peshmarga who shoot up the church, beat up the priest and drive the parishioners cowering home." In prior months, other churches in southern Iraq had been bombed by Islamic militants, some during worship services. Though the terror came from two different sources, in each case the purpose was the same to intimidate and force out the ancient Chaldo Assyrian Christian community.

http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/christians in muslim countries.html
Christians in Muslim Countries: Saudi Girl Burned Alive for Being Christian

According to sources close to the victim, the religious police member had cut the tongue of the girl and burned her to death following a heated debate on religion.

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/200...-saudi-girl-burned-alive-for-being-christian/

I'm not familiar with al jazz, but I can't imagine that he/she/they have much credibility with statements like that.

Great let's make lists. Maybe if I look into it I could find a longer list with atrocities towards Muslims. Then someone else can make an even longer list the other way around and we'll do that a couple of times. Then we could have discussions on who started and if the Muslims are reacting to the treatment they receive in the west or that we are reacting to how Christians are treated there.

While doing that let's also forget what this thread is about.

I'm not familiar with al jazz, but I can't imagine that he/she/they have much credibility with statements like that.
Why? If this would have been an action by a Muslim, we wouldn't be discussing about a single person responsible for it but about the evil of Islam.

I find it strange that we're so focused on him being a Christian. I mean, is it a particularly Christian act to slaughter other Christians for disagreeing?

It seems to me his "mission" was a political and paranoid one, based on a severely skewed sense of patriotism.

He's a person who put his own convictions above the lives of others. He's arrogant enough to trust his own vision of what's right so much that it was ok to kill people who disagreed with him. Even children, who haven't had a chance to form any opinion about such things. I'd like to hear his logical reasoning for slaughtering children with no apparent political or religious affiliation.

He might be suffering from some disorder that has allowed him to come to this point. This kind of "tunnel vision" as some call it, can hardly be the result of a healthy mind. It will be interesting to hear about his background and upbringing.

If we need to focus on anything, I think it's how a person can come to trust his own opinions enough to devalue the lives of others with such conviction. This doesn't seem to be the result of a psychosis or some divine external pressure. I haven't heard him say "God made me do it" or anything like that. This seems to be carefully and deliberately planned without any overt religious overtone.

Great let's make lists. Maybe if I look into it I could find a longer list with atrocities towards Muslims.

I doubt you can find any long list of atrocities towards muslims in nordic countries. Unlike muslim countries we are famous for our tolerance and its not somthing Im shamed off.

Still Im disgusted how the european lefties are using this psyko's massmurder as device to furthen their own goals. The bodies have barely gone cold and they are making it into a political discussion.

I find it strange that we're so focused on him being a Christian. I mean, is it a particularly Christian act to slaughter other Christians for disagreeing?
I don't think this has anything to do with him being a Christian either. I do think on average the reactions to something as awful as this would be very different if the act was committed by someone with a different religious background. Even if he would have been a lone wolf.

For the rest I find myself strangely enough agreeing with your post :)

I don't think this has anything to do with him being a Christian either. I do think on average the reactions to something as awful as this would be very different if the act was committed by someone with a different religious background. Even if he would have been a lone wolf.

Yes, that's true enough. People tend to look at religion before the person - which is pretty strange to me. In my experience, I've never met two "religious" people with the same interpretation of what's "right" behavior. The same goes for any political notion of right and wrong.

Religion could be a comfortable excuse for slaughter - just as it could be one for helping or supporting. It's the reasoning behind such convictions we need to understand. If there is no reasoning - then we're not dealing with a sane individual. That's the assumption, anyway.

For the rest I find myself strangely enough agreeing with your post :)

Now THAT is called a psychosis :)

I doubt you can find any long list of atrocities towards muslims in nordic countries. Unlike muslim countries we are famous for our tolerance and its not somthing Im shamed off.
I'm sure I can't, but the list you gave was not from a single region but from a variety of different nations and wasn't about atrocities towards people from the Nordic countries, so I think it would be fare a different list could contain all non-Muslim countries.

That said, I do not see the point of making any list and comparing who has the longest, biggest or best.

I'm sure I can't, but the list you gave was not from a single region but from a variety of different nations and wasn't about atrocities towards people from the Nordic countries, so I think it would be fare a different list could contain all non-Muslim countries.

That said, I do not see the point of making any list and comparing who has the longest, biggest or best.
In Finland the discussion has been mainly about these nordic massmurders and muslim terrorists. Allthough in this thread too the discussion has been atleast in som points about "nordic countries". I can clearly remember somone talking about "nordic taliban" even.

The list itself is a good reminder how good we have it here when compared to some famous muslim countries even if we have som psykos who in rare cases commit acts like this.

Also Im not even interested of discussing this. But I just cant stand and watch when some people are trying to make this tragedy a political discussion so I have to say somthing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom