Dragon Age 3 - E3 2013 Trailer and 2014 Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It's time for another E3 RPG trailer this time for Dragon Age: Inquisition. The game will be using the Frostbite Engine 3 and will be an open world RPG with player choice. The new release date is set to Fall 2014 instead of this year also.

More information.

Voiced over by Morrigan (Claudia Black).

We get to see Varric, Morrigan, unnamed Qunari (might be Arishock) and Cassandra + a bunch of creepy creatures.

Voiced over by Morrigan (Claudia Black).

We get to see Varric, Morrigan, unnamed Qunari (might be Arishock) and Cassandra + a bunch of creepy creatures.
Yep that's all EA is more interested in showing their other titles it seems.

Well... can't say I'm impressed.

I'm waiting for the fan rage to kick in. Morrigan is a sore point for many as you have a bunch of different endings for her. Also the man in the end strangely looks like Hawke.

I certainly liked what I saw. Unfortunately, no game play yet, which is what I am most curious about.

The open world approach is welcome, after the restrictive nature of the last game. If it ends up a sprawling epic, I'll be picking it up.

Probably no coincidence that they showed Morrigan and Varric, the two fan favorites from their respective games.

2014 is shaping up to be a big year for RPGs :)

Hmmm...Dragon Age, Dragon Age. What should we do with you Dragon Age?
Let us see some gameplay. Just to see where EA and BW want to teke it this time.
DAO was a great game for me. DA2 was a disaster.
Could DA3 rise the trilogy from ashes?

I (always) want(ed) to marry "Aeryn Sun", but am not sure I want to play this game. Yet.

Any hints will "Catherine Janeway" also (re)appear in DA3?

One of the strongest points in Dragon Age series is its characters. DA2 has many flows but it's characters and story was interesting. I'm really looking forward to that game. Long development time is a plus also. It seems it won't be a rushed product like DA2. I hope they're not tying to make a Skyrim copy (where exploration great, but shallow characters and dialogues).

True DA3 formula for me=Strong characters (like in the old games)+Tactical Combat(a mix between Origins and DA2)+Semi-open world with exploration (not copy paste dungeons of DA2, more Skyrim freedom feeling)+Little bit choices&consequences (but I don't expect much since more c&c means more budget, development time and costs which publishers like EA don't like much.)

I am semi-excited for this. But I will enter with a bit of scepticism.:\ Hopefully the game will be customized for PC.

Hope the fact that they've put it back a year implies they are going to make a big effort on this one and have learned from some of the recent bludners viz DA2 & SWToR & ME3.

How ea breaks franchises, alienates fans and customers.

Will you save ea or bring them to their knees!

wtf, ea actually pays plants/spooks/spies to sit in audience to clap and cheer, how quaint.

Bioware marketing guys are always good value for money, I hope they wheel some of them out for E3.

Looked like a good trailer to me. It's still a year and a quarter away so I wouldn't expect gameplay. There was no "lets splatter everything we can with blood", either, which I take as a good sign.

Yeah put me under the "meh" group as well. That really wasn't revealing anything - nothing about the story (we all know there's going to be a big war, so boo), whether those characters will return and play major role (Morrigan, Varric and Cassandra). Just like ME series, most likely I will play this one just to finish the trilogy, but DA series is so much inferior compared to ME series (and that is including the absolute wtf ending of ME3).

Morrigan doesn't really sound like her to me (something just sound different, could it be Flemeth?) If there's one thing that really interests me in DA series, it's the connection between Flemeth and Morrigan. Really wishing that we will get some story based on those 2 in DA3.

The game will be using the Frostbite Engine 3 and will be an open world RPG with player choice. The new release date is set to Fall 2014 instead of this year also.

So much for "we aren't going to do open world games since that isn't our thing". Granted I gave up on Dragon Age after they decided it wasn't going to be a Baldur's Gate successor anymore and just was going to be whatever EA's focus groups thought was popular at the time Dragon Age 2 came out. It'll be interesting to see how a Bioware made Skyrim imitator looks, but I don't really care much.

Well, no real details given in the trailer so one has to judge it based on... CGI quality? And even that's lackluster. So, meh +1.

And Claudia sounds tired ;)

The additional development time is a good sign, and it seems like the right decision, as BioWare really needs to nail this one. There has been too much "meh" recently, especially DA2.

Back
Top Bottom