May you rest in peace, Mr. Mandela

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

read it about 20 minutes ago :

Mr. Nelson Mandela has finally passed away.

Now, the troubles around him won't bother him anymore.

He has his own personal peace more than deserved.

May he rest in peace.

Amen.

Dunno much about him, but for those tiny bits of his life generally known, I've respected him very much.
RIP

Lots of kind things being said about the man, it gives me hope for our world. Not a celebrity, not a billionaire, just a man with hopes and dreams, but most importantly, the conviction to make them happen. Above all, the will to help others arrive there with him. We will not see his like again on this planet. Rest in peace, you've more than earned it.

He was truly an inspiring person. Mandela lived such a hard life, but it didn't break his spirit. May he rest in peace.

His death made me also recall one of his most famous speeches which I read few years ago. http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/mandela.htm
Nelson Mandela was born the son of a Tembu tribal chieftain on July 18, 1918, at Qunu, near Umtata, in South Africa. He renounced his right to succeed his father and instead chose a political career. He attended college, became a lawyer, joined the African National Congress (ANC) in 1944 and helped found its powerful Youth League

In 1962, he was arrested by South African security police for his opposition to the white government and its apartheid ("separateness") policies of racial, political, and economic discrimination against the nonwhite majority. In 1964, the government brought further charges including sabotage, high treason and conspiracy to overthrow the government. This is Mandela's statement from the dock at the opening of his defense in the 1964 trial.

Back
Top Bottom