Silverfall - New Expansion Screens @ Worthplaying

magerette

Hedgewitch
Worthplaying posts 6 new screenshots for the proposed expansion to Monte Christo's nature vs technology action RPG, Silverfall, apparently now named for German distribution as Guardian of the Elements, and elsewhere renamed as Earth Awakening. Whatever the name, you can get the scanty details and see the screenshots here.
More information.

OK, so there is lots of 'stuff', but is there any *substance*?!?!

What's really strange is this is the only place (WP) anything about this expansion is ever posted--the old homepage for the game doesn't mention it.
No telling, but it leaves a lot unexplained.

I really tried to like Silverfall but it become too boring, I even made it pretty far, to some snowy land (don't remember the name of it anymore). I won't be getting the expansion.

@Magerette You're right, that is weird there is nothing mentioned on their homepage. I guess it's not just the game that is horrible. Their PR deparment sucks just like the game.

I really tried to like Silverfall but it become too boring, I even made it pretty far, to some snowy land (don't remember the name of it anymore). I won't be getting the expansion.

@Magerette You're right, that is weird there is nothing mentioned on their homepage. I guess it's not just the game that is horrible. Their PR deparment sucks just like the game.

There's not even anything in their forums. :S Anyway, like you I gave up on the game but I didn't make it past the demo--IIRC it had a terrible camera and constant spawning. Too bad--I liked the concept.

Never thought there will be an expansion for such a bad game.
95% of the areas was simply empty and useless, without anything to fight for. Irritating respawning monsters, but nothing else.

Well, rather than continue to wonder ... I just asked. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Always amazes me when someone puts out an expansion to a game that isnt very good, and doesnt sell well.

I was on the Silverfall bandwagon- until I played it!

I really liked the game. It was lag on the old machine that killed me. I bet it would play a lot more smooth in my new rig.

I'm not sure why there is a lot of venom against SF. Maybe its because I don't play a lot of aRPG's that I don't compare it to.

I think it's just a standard plan now to release at least one expansion pack for every PC-only game, whether it be RPG, RTS, or whatever. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the developers actually develop both game and expansion simultaenously and just save the expansion for a later release, followed by a "gold pack OMG!!!" that includes both, and maybe a few more releases further down the road. These days when I see a new strategy game or something that looks interesting, I go "I'd better wait until the inevitable two-pack that includes the expansion. Save some money." Heh. Maybe I'll do the same for Silverfall.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the developers actually develop both game and expansion simultaenously and just save the expansion for a later release..

Absolutely, it kinda pisses me off too. They make the entire game, then chop 1/4 of it off the top (if that) to release later!

Back
Top Bottom