Majesty the fantasy kingdom sim video walkthrough

Fnord

SasqWatch
I'm currently in the process of creating a series of video walkthroughs for the classic RTS Majesty: The fantasy kingdom sim. I'm doing this not so much because the world needs a video walkthrough of this game, but because I need to get more comfortable with speaking English (something that I don't do enough in my day to day life). Anyway, for those interested, here are part 1 & 2:

The barren waste
Free the slaves
Hold off the goblin hordes

Last edited:
great old unique game w/ tons of character, one of the classics. I'm always glad to see someone dig this old one up again.

EDIT: I just bought the "HD" version offered on steam for 9.99 - it's pretty cool. Resolution maxed, the entire screen is filled (widescreen), and the performance is good. Look at that view when zoomed all the way out (f11). Seems to be alt-tab friendly too, runnin on Win7x64 and having no issues.

highly recommended if you like this old classic!

Attachments

• majesty.jpg
    majesty.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 48
  • majesty01.jpg
    majesty01.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Majesty was one of those games that i bought nearly on release. The expansion was bought on release. And I absolutely don't regret buying these, because Majesty has been one of those games that I keep returning to, time and time again, due to its inherently high replay value, and I plan to buy the HD re-release at some point.

The original game is by the way alt-tab friendly, at least in XP. The only issue I'm having is with scroll speed, it is far too high (even when I've picked the slow scroll speed option). Anyway, more videos are up:
Rescue the prince
A deal with the demon
Quest for the crown

I do love Majesty. It's such a shame the second one wasn't even close to as much fun.

I used to use the sound editor to calm the announcer down a bit, giving little dings instead of his constant "a building has been upgraded!" and other such cues. Get rolling with a big kingdom and he never shuts up! Reminds me of the original dungeon keepers narrarator, just never shuts up.

I tried to use the sound editor on the steam version and it didn't work. I may install the original on xp and see if I can't make a custom cam file

Since I couldn't get my disks to install properly for some reason, I re-bought the game on Steam maybe a year ago. Imagine my surprise when it didn't run. There are a variety of threads running around with supposed solutions, but none of them seemed to work for me. I'm rather disappointed that Steam would offer a game for sale knowing that it doesn't run for a significant number of customers.

Double bummed, I is. Thought I'd get to replay a classic and didn't, plus got tremendously disillusioned with Steam in the process. Boo. :(

Have you tried running it in a window? I've had a few older games that would only run that way.

Majesty was always a little tempermental, even when the 1st disk came out. The Northern Expansion smoothed out some of the problems but introduced a couple more. The video clips and sound were coded in an unusual manner even for their time and technology marching on has just made it worse. The workarounds on the video issues are pretty solid, but the sound will still cause lockups if you don't have Windows precisely configured. There's about a dozen different settings that have to be just so, and apparently I've only successfully tracked down and tuned 11 of them so far. I've done all the fixes I could find but still get enough lockups that the game is more frustrating than fun.

Dt, I think they've fixed the issues w/ the new os. I'd try reinstall/firing it up again if I were you. Also, you may get the HD version when you install.

It's strange you've always had issues, I've never had any issues w/ majesty

It's entirely possible it's a local issue, although there are enough people complaining about similar problems on the Steam forum that I'm confident it's not just a "my rig is screwed up" level of problem.

I might give it a reinstall and see if there's a little magic.

When playing the game (Majesty 1, that is) I often get static noice and crackes on the headphones. I haven't been able to solve this problem.
The expansion never reached Germany.
A few years ago, Paradox re-released it in retail here (in an DVD box) prior to Majesty 2. without any handbook, no paper, nothing, not even as PDF. Nothing.

Huh, how very strange. Somehow Majesty has installed itself on my computer. I might have to take a break from Ultima Underworld and examine this strange occurance.

To all of you who had problems with the game, and own the steam version, they have apparently fixed most issues that the game has. I've never had any problems with the game other than the above mentioned scroll issues, but the game might be a bit picky with some things. Do you have some video codec installed that is getting in the way of things?

Huh, how very strange. Somehow Majesty has installed itself on my computer. I might have to take a break from Ultima Underworld and examine this strange occurance.

It seem to do that from time to time for me as well. I should just skip uninstalling it, we all know that it will be back soon again anyway.

More majesty videos uploaded:
Slay the mighty Dragon
The forsaken Land (This one is really short)
The bell the Book and the Candle
Brashnard's Ultimate Sphere of Power

The HD version on Steam seems to have done the trick. Got thru the first quest without so much as a stutter. Huzzah!

Back
Top Bottom