Pricewatch!

Well, I did see a plastic preorder box in a different shop. Plastic, not steel.

What I found really odd, by the way, is that a "Release Party/Event" is scheduled to take place in a known concert hall (not for orchestal music) on the 24th of September - for the newest WOW Expansion.

orgin.com has a 50% off sale on many titles through 9/5. Mass Effect 1,2,3; Witcher 2; Kingdoms of Amalur; Game of Thrones; The Secret World; Dragon Age 1,2; Two Worlds 2.

Nearly enough for me to get ME3 but doesn't include any dlc. I'm not sure EA really does bundles or GOY editions any more. Oh well, next time maybe. Probably believe there is more profit in selling a la cart years after the release.

GoG has Pharoah:Cleopatra and Zeus:poseidon on sale for dirt cheap! Pharoah is great, one of my first computer games. I never got around to Cleopatra tho.

Wonder if these games still hold up today?

I tried Pharoah and Zeus again a year or two ago and thought they held up pretty well. The walker mechanic was more annoying than I remembered from when I first played them, though, and eventually I got a bit tired of the feeling that there was one proper layout I had to stick to, but that's hardly unusual in city-builders. :p

I have both. ;)

I didn't like Zeus as much as I liked Pharaoh, because in Zeus the Gods demand things to be built - at least in free-play mode. That annoyed me.

But Caesar III, Pharaoh, The First Emperor ... I had spent NIGHTS with those ! :)

Tilted Mill, made up by several members of the Impressions team, one day released Caesar IV ... I have it, but I have never played it so far, unfortunately.
So I can't say anything on its quality.
I also have Children Of The Nile, which was imho quite fun to play - but different, since it was in 3D.

I just saw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilted_Mill_Entertainment that Tilted Mill was responsible for Hinterland, too.

I also have Children Of The Nile, which was imho quite fun to play - but different, since it was in 3D.

I just saw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilted_Mill_Entertainment that Tilted Mill was responsible for Hinterland, too.

I think Children of the Nile is the best of the ancient city-builders, since it does away with a lot of the gamey abstraction of other games. A shrine doesn't have a magical effective radius, but if it's too far away, a person, who is an individual person with a family and thoughts, may skip work to visit it. As someone with a professional interest in the development of early towns, it's quite fun from a simulation standpoint.

It's a shame that Caesar IV went back to a more traditional system. It was still fun, but didn't feel as real as CotN.

As someone with a professional interest in the development of early towns,

You do ? Then please give me an overview of literature that could be fun to read.

Archaeology is my biggest hobby (next to writing), so I'm interested in anything about that.
I'm already a bit familiar with early settlements, so please don't expect me to be a newbie. ;)

It shouldn't be too expensive, though. ;) We have very high prices for scientific books here, I don't know if this is the same elsewhere, too.

I'll have to dig out some of my old notes. A lot of my stuff was focused on provisioning and, more specifically, butchery practices and changes in urban settings, so I probably don't have a lot of broadly interesting resources. Sadly, it's been a few years since I've had a chance to look at it, since I'm doing IT work on the periphery of archaeology at the moment.

Okay. Thank you for your efforts, if you manage to dig out somthing. ;)

That Paradox bundle on Amazon is back. Steam keys for CK2 and some DLC, Victoria II, Magicka, Majesty 2, Majesty HD and Warlock all for $9.51 USD. If you aren't in the USA there's no problem with using a fake US billing address and then erasing it afterwards. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZVLE

That Paradox bundle on Amazon is back. Steam keys for CK2 and some DLC, Victoria II, Magicka, Majesty 2, Majesty HD and Warlock all for $9.51 USD. If you aren't in the USA there's no problem with using a fake US billing address and then erasing it afterwards. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZVLE

Sounds like a great deal, considering how much people seem to like CK2. My backlog is reaching epic proportions…

They have a bundle with just the DLC from this pack and a few of the games, it's missing Victoria II, CK2, and the Magicka stuff but it is only 2 bucks cheaper. Kinda not worth it this time around, with the new pricing of the big bundle.

I filled out my CK2 DLC with Sword of Islam during the Steam sale. I bet there'll be a CK2 franchise weekend or daily deal on Steam sometime before or around the time of the next expansion this winter. :)

CK is still "Commander Keen" to me. ;)
"Aliens ate my babysitter" ist just fun ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom