Drakensang Character creation

k1000

Watchdog
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hi everyone. I finally bought the game from gamersgate and am in the process of reading the game manual and the tooltips from character creation, but I have to say , it's a bit overwhelming (It's a good thing for a change compared to other recent RPG'S). I played realms of Arkania Star Trail very long ago, and don't remember much about the mechanics. Any tips for character creation?

A little detail they didn't mention explicitly: On the advances character creation screen you cannot only assign points, you can also give them back. Including those automatically assigned.

Don't worry about the complexity. The game is easy in the first 10-15 hours. Until then you'll understand what's going on.

I'll recomment this excellent thread at the official forum. A guy who has played TDE as pen-and-paper for many years explains some more details about how the whole skills/combat system works.

http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=12047&sid=853e768f8f86f8eda84a8e7b2a085a57

I don't think there are any story spoilers in his post, but decide for yourself whether or not you want to read the sections where he gives comments on which skills and abilities to train etc.

One important "spoiler" that I would like to offer though (I didn't find it obvious at all from the manual) is that when picking locks it is not enough to have hairpins/lockpicks in the inventory. You'll have to put them in a quick-slot and actively use them on a lock. Otherwise your thief will attempt to open locks with a -10 skill penalty. I remember playing the demo and cursing about how hard it was to open any locked chests, even with a thief in the party with quite many skill points in lockpick :)

right click on *everything* you may have a question about, be it a spell (cost, effect, duration, etc), skill, ability, stat (like ranged and melee combat values), item, etc. It helps a lot

Thanks for all the info
I think I'll start the game with a Battlemage or an elementalist, still fidling with the character creation.

Back
Top Bottom