Fallout 3 - Point Lookout Hands-on @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Some hands-on impressions of Point Lookout at IGN:
In fact, that's something that Bethesda is specifically going for, attempting to create an H.P. Lovecraft vibe with the entire pack. Point Lookout is stepped in thick fog, with a number of new effects for the environment, including new water, sky and tree textures to make Point Lookout look a bit more off kilter. Even stranger, however, are the "monsters" that you'll face. The newest ones are the Hillfolk, mutated people that seem completely ripped from "The Hills Have Eyes." There were a number of these creatures that silently attacked us with different implements, such as shovels, axes and even double barreled shotguns. As rustic and simplistic as these weapons might seem, you shouldn't discount them on looks alone. These items are extremely powerful, particularly if you repair these items into better condition.
More information.

Agreed - some of Fallout 3's best moments were the nods to lovecraft IMHO.

So is this going to be a Windows LIVE exclusive too? Or will there be other options right from the beginning? I would have bought all three DLCs if they had been available outside of Windows LIVE. But so far, I got none.

So is this going to be a Windows LIVE exclusive too? Or will there be other options right from the beginning? I would have bought all three DLCs if they had been available outside of Windows LIVE. But so far, I got none.

It's going to be available on the same add-on disc as Broken Steel.

Back
Top Bottom