Dhruin

SasqWatch
A new beta Skyrim patch is available on Steam, offering a handful of fixes:
Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified
BUG FIXES

• General memory and stability optimizations
  • Fixed crash related to new water shaders
  • Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
  • Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
  • Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
  • Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
  • Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)

• Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
More information.

I wish they would fix the damn quest bugs already (i.e., the unachievable Unbound achievement, Sklad(?) not accepting completed quests, & the most famous of all, Valtheim Towers). What a letdown, really.

Gotta get Kinect dragon shouts working. They have priorites!

Count me in also. Its nice how they can add dlc and other fixes but cant fix certain quests after so many patches.

Oh who am I kidding the dlc will just add more problems as always. Thank god for the console codes.

I wish they would fix the damn quest bugs already (i.e., the unachievable Unbound achievement, Sklad(?) not accepting completed quests, & the most famous of all, Valtheim Towers). What a letdown, really.

What's the bug at Valtheim Towers?

If this game ever gets past the Beta stage, I might actually play it someday. :)

I've been playing it on my laptop since last November. Only ever had any tech problems during the first few weeks after release, where if you played a long session for more than 5-8 hours or so, some textures would turn purple (VRAM buffer filled or something) and it would cause a CTD.

This purple texture issue was fixed with Patch 1.1 or 1.2 in November or December and personally, I haven't experienced any problems at all since that time, other than the glitch where multiple clones of Louis Letrush spawn, which didn't really affect my enjoyment of of the game. No crashes at all.

Iron daggers enchanted with 1 charge lvl 30 banish.
Fix economy and char progression exploits already!

Iron daggers enchanted with 1 charge lvl 30 banish.
Fix economy and char progression exploits already!

I don't understand the reference to level 30 banish, but one of the previous patches did reduce the rate of XP for the smithing skill if you craft an iron dagger. If I understand correctly, it's now based on the gold value of the item you smith.

The Valtheim Dilemma

The bug consists of some people being unable to kill the bandit leader in order to get the gold for it. It's just for 300 gold or whatever, but since you can't complete it, the quest sits there in your uncompleted quests log. Some have said to raid the bandit leader's body again (which I can't because it's not there) or to respawn him (which I haven't been able to do). This happens more often than not for other quests as well.

So what you essentially end up with is a game that you've played for hours & don't want to start over, but can't really complete. That's very annoying.

Last edited:
Arena My Friend

If this game ever gets past the Beta stage, I might actually play it someday. :)

I heard they finally have Arena available for free download & it's void of bugs! You could play that! LOL.

The Only Good Bug is a Dead Bug

Count me in also. Its nice how they can add dlc and other fixes but cant fix certain quests after so many patches.

Oh who am I kidding the dlc will just add more problems as always. Thank god for the console codes.

You're counted!

The bug consists of some people being unable to to kill the bandit leader in order to get the gold for it. It's just for 300 gold or whatever, but since you can't complete it, the quest sits there in your uncompleted quests log. Some have said to raid the bandit leader's body again (which I can't because it's not there) or to respawn him (which I haven't been able to do). This happens more often than not for other quests as well.

So what you essentially end up with is a game that you've played for hours & don't want to start over, but can't really complete. That's very annoying.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this one. However, I suppose to be fair, no one can ever really "complete" this game. Certainly you can complete the major faction and Civil War questlines, the main quest, collect all the shouts, Daedric artifacts, etc. But radiant quests like the one you are referring to about collecting a bounty on some bandit leader, or retrieving books for the Orc librarian, etc., simply keep going forever.

I've played the game quite a lot; however, so far I've never received a radiant quest to kill anyone at Valtheim towers, probably because I usually visit Valtheim quite early in the game, as it's hands down the best spot in Skyrim to Fus Ro Dah people off the bridge. :p

I have encountered one radiant quest from the companions guild that stayed in my quest log after I completed it, but it seemed to be more of a cosmetic glitch, as it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the gameplay, rather it was simply a matter of some text listed in the wrong place in my quest log.

Last edited:
I guess we just have to rely on the communities unoffical patch to fix the quests.

This does look like a Kinect patch, mostly. I agree that getting those quest bugs fixed would be nice, but I wonder if it's real hard to track. I never ran into any of those, but several people have.

Release Date

Since we're on the topic of Skyrim, does anyone know when Dawnguard comes out for the PC? Maybe they'll have some small fixes in that perhaps?

Yep, I think so. Time flies when I'm having fun.

Let's see, according to the uesp wiki Dawnguard was released on June 25th for Xbox. There was a 30 day Xbox exclusivity agreement. So earliest could have been Monday. Today is Tuesday and no news. Not even news of a PC beta. Not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom