Cyclopean - Demon Concept Art

I'm liking the direction this is taking, hopefully it will be great in playable mode.

A turn-based crpg based on Lovecraft mythology? I'm definitely interested.

I'm surprised to discover this has been in development since September 2008… not sure how it escaped my attention for that long.

I have seen mentions here and there, but too little concrete stuff yet to really take hold. Looking forward to it!

Shouldn´t that be "Demon Concept Art"? ;)
Pretty awesome stuff btw.

They should build the game so that the story evolves with 2D Art and non-linear dialog and fights are done through a system similar to great old "Incubation".

They should build the game so that the story evolves with 2D Art and non-linear dialog and fights are done through a system similar to great old "Incubation".
Incubation was a turn-based tactical classic, no doubt. I tried to get it going on my 21st century computer last year, but I could only get the default low-res graphics because it couldn't find my graphics accelerator card, and hot-damn are they ugly.

The story will involve 2D art and non-linear dialgoue, but the combat will be more closely aligned with Age of Decadence and Fallout. Check out the main thread, where I copy links to all the fun stuff.

Incubation was a turn-based tactical classic, no doubt. I tried to get it going on my 21st century computer last year, but I could only get the default low-res graphics because it couldn't find my graphics accelerator card, and hot-damn are they ugly.

The story will involve 2D art and non-linear dialgoue, but the combat will be more closely aligned with Age of Decadence and Fallout. Check out the main thread, where I copy links to all the fun stuff.

Yes, i kept a spare PC with an old voodoo card in my cellar for those occasions.

I saw your first screens and found them to be a bit "too far away" to create claustrophobic atmosphere? I think the artwork reminded me of Incubation, therefore the connection to that game.
But why not use a more "closer" view for combat?

But why not use a more "closer" view for combat?
I set up the shots to show off the models. In-game shots are coming, but later. The user can zoom in and out with the camera as he wishes, but it's strictly moveable isometric. Try the Age of Decadence combat demo for an example of the camera function. Cyclopean won't be a port of their engine, but I think they did a good job.

Back
Top Bottom