Blackguards - Preview @ LevelSave

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
LevelSave has a short preview of the Early Access build of Blackguards.

The leveling system in Blackguards is again, deep and somewhat easy to understand. I say somewhat, because after spending some time with it, I can understand it enough to enjoy leveling in the game and I still know that there are plenty of layers underneath. After each battle you are awarded AP points for each character. There are dozens of ways these AP points can be spent. For instance, you can choose to level up your character’s offense, which is actually three different aspects of your character or you can level those three aspects separately. You can level up different weapon skills and then choose whether these weapon skills help with your character’s offense or defense. Some of the skills you upgrade can even affect your character’s initiative, and this affects how often and in what order your characters attack.

The quests in Blackguards range from the main story which is always leading you to the next town, to a nice amount of side quests that will have you fighting trolls, leeches, humans, you name it. The battles can be a simple kill everything on the screen to rescue missions and even mission where enemies will continue to spawn until you find out how to stop them.

On top of all of this Blackguards is a great looking game. The maps are detailed, colorful and unique with the character models and animations being just as good.
More information.

Leeches would at least be refreshing after demons and dragons.

seriously

Have game designers actually read a Monster Manual or Bestiary? Lots of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom