The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Until some minutes ago the "Mike Oldfield live at the Montreux Jazz Festival" DVD.
For fans like me, I consider this a "must-have".

Living out of a hotel has cut into my listening time a fair bit, but I'm still spinning Thee Heavenly Music Association regularly.

/me dunkar huvudet i väggen i takt med: Mayhem - Chimera -02- Dark Night of the Soul

"The Pedestal" by Siddal

@Wulf- although I never get interested enough to buy a cd, Dire Straits does some excellent tunes. Knopfler is, indeed, a talent.

On my commute tonight I listened to Miles Davis - ESP, which was the last of the 65-68 great Shorter / Hancock quintet stuff bought, and subsequently the least familiar ... still very nice stuff.

The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud - "The Smell of Blood But Victory"
Hmmm, niiiice

Cadaveria - Far Away from Conformity

While it isnt as diverse as the title would have you believe, Cadaveria does take many disparate elements of black, death, power metal, and even punk to some degree and weaves them into a quite powerful cd worthy of a spot in any metal maniac's collection who is yearning for a powerful female metal vocalist. Im new to her myself, and havent heard her previous band Opera IX. Dont let that title fool you tho, there is nothing operatic or even truly remarkable about her voice, she has a lo-fi sort of harsheness about her if anything, but she does have some range within her metal-gurl strata. Unlike Arch Enemy's female vocalist, who ends up just sounding like "one of the boys" Cadaveria retains her feminine sound, which I see as a plus. \

She's horrifyingly harsh at times with a black metal shriek, sometimes bluesy, sometimes sexy, sometimes absolutely perverse. My kind of chick.

But it's nice, gets my heart pumping head banging. Slightly anyway, my neck is sensitive from my younger years of self-induced whiplash, but Cadaveria is worth a slightly sore neck IMHO. Just skip that godawful version of Blondies "Call Me", for crissake.

Found a couple of Sammy's stuff on MySpace. Not a good soundtrack for a lazy holiday morning with a Benadryl hangover, let me tell you. ;)

"Treasure Box" by Autumn's Grey Solace
Gonna have to buy the new album...

Autumn's Grey Solace - Myspace stuff - Actually like this, thanks for the referral!

So you jammed out to a little Cadaveria, DT? Nice!! That "Out of Body Experience" song they have up is an ear-shatterer when cranked. I'm on Benadryl too this time of year, that's some miserable stuff until you get used to it. As Cadaveria can be as well, for the uninitiated! ='.'=

Last edited:
*getting up off the floor*
Didn't see that coming. Sammy, you ought to run over to Projekt.com when you get a little time. Most of the stuff will be too keyboard-centric for you, but there might be a few things that will catch your ear. In particular, give Love Spirals Downwards (not Lovespirals, which is the offshoot band) a listen. AGS is following LSD's trail pretty closely. LSD also has a MySpace page, although they only take 1 track from each album and the last two will probably be of no interest to you. Stick to "Idylls" and "Ardor".

Planning on spending some quality time with Ether Aura during the drive back to Madison (the Bustling Metropolis of...).

Patridge Family Christmas Card

I'm digitizing the entire catalogue of their stuff for my wife to give to her sister for her birthday in a few weeks ... figured I'd share the pain ;)

"Marigold Girl" by The Curtain Society

Their latest release strayed from their gazer roots, but was pretty good if judged on its own merits.

On a side note, my latest discovery, Tearwave, got signed to Projekt Records, a good match for both sides. Every once in a while, good things happen to good people.

Was listening to Rondo Veneziano some minutes ago.

Sound clips, ye lazy slugs!!!

Still ripping vinyl for my wife ... made it through all of the albums, on the 45's now ... hit one that I *loved* in the 70's and didn't know she had:

Mr. Jaws by Dickie Goodman

I loved all of his stuff in the mid-70's ... really funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom