Two Worlds - Reputation @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN's weekly Two World's feature looks at reputation:
So what are the advantages of having a high standing? Certain groups are in charge of a particular function of society, so being renowned in these circles will make your life easier in general. For example, if you have a high reputation with the Merchant Guild, you'll have more advantageous buying and selling prices at all shops. In all cases, though, earning reputation with a group will allow you to take part in quests that are ever-more intrinsic to that group's existence. Continuing with the Merchant Guild example, at first you may just be performing a delivery as a test if you can even be trusted. When you're tight with the Merchants, you could be asked to guard a caravan that, if it doesn't make it to its destination, could ultimately cause the guild to disintegrate.
More information.

When is this game supposed to ship in the US? I don't live there, but I'm curious about what ratings it will get from the main gaming sites. That is, if it will get really high scores. Personally, I doubt it, but it's still a nice Gothicy Oblivion-type game.

The UK version is due for release in August (and US, too, I believe)...

Collectors Get So Much More
Two Worlds UK Collector's Editions Announced
Friday 6th July/...SouthPeak Games has confirmed details of the special collector’s editions for Two Worlds, its upcoming epic free-roaming RPG. Due for release in August for PC and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, the collector’s editions come with an exclusive holographic slipcase and a host of additional goodies.

Both formats will include a huge A2-sized map of Two Worlds’ expansive kingdom and a bonus disc containing the game’s soundtrack, along with a selection of additional media and a complete fan-site kit for truly dedicated owners. Rounding off the shared items is a stunning 72-page RPG sourcebook, allowing players to create their own Two Worlds adventures wherever they can roll a set of dice.

The PC version, which is exclusive to GAME, will feature access codes for downloadable content including exclusive weaponry in the form of a legendary sword and shield. Xbox 360 owners will benefit from a free 48-hour Gold membership to the Xbox LIVE® online game service, meaning no one will have to miss out on Two Worlds’ ground breaking multiplayer mode.

Melanie Mroz, Executive Vice President, SouthPeak Games comments: “We want RPG fans to get the best possible experience when they buy the Two Worlds Collector’s Edition. The RPG sourcebook is completely unique – no other free-roaming RPG has allowed players to explore its fantasy universe beyond the virtual world in quite this way. We know dedicated fans are going to love it when the Two Worlds Collector’s Edition hits the shelves in August.”

Two Worlds will be released for Xbox 360 and PC in August 2007.

It won't get high scores. I guess a 7/10 might be possible but I wouldn't be surprised by 6 or so.

are you sure this isn't due to Two World's publisher nor being able to sway gaming magazines as much as say Bethesda can??

-- remembering a certain thread about these things...

It will suffer the same fate as many games without a big publisher behind it. It will either get assigned to a hack like Matt Peckham, who will slaughter it. Or it will be given to an uninterested editor specialized in shooters. Or the RPG-editor reviews it but is told deliver the full text incl. pictures tomorrow evening. Either way the game wil be played for 2-8 hours, something negative will be found, no matter if the same thing was great when Bethesda did it in MW or Obl, and the game will receive a 6.7.

Gorath is 100% right but it goes beyond that.

I have a German Royal edition (a visiting work associate from Germany brought it out for me) and it just won't break through IMO. I've literally only played about 2 hours (too many other things on) but the English dialogue is simply horrific and the gameworld seems to lack creative vision - or alternatively the cohesion of something like Gothic. I spent 10 minutes trying to get a character appearance I liked and couldn't get anything other than a cross-eyed Slavic.

I admit I have almost no game time up and perhaps the rest of it will handily overcome the shortcomings for a great game but I can't see the big editors being hooked in the early stages to wait and see that -- if it even exists. I have my doubts.

It will come off as a poor-man's Euro Oblivion and fall way short. Again, I'm not saying that is the truth of it but that's my early impression and I think they will go with that.

Guess I'll have to review it then, when my copy arrives!! :) Wouldn't want Dhruin to get too stressed out!! :biggrin:

such a let down for me...

I reviewed the game a few weeks ago...

It was such a let down !

I finished in about 15 hours. In fact the game has good potential, good combat system, but it's clearly unfinished.

[SMALL spoiler ahead]

You gather a few parts of a relic (no other quests needed, just go there, get them), fight a boss... and the game ends.

seems they didn't have time to make side quests matter and simply to finish the scenario ! Some cities are completely empty (closed & surrounded by huge "unpassable" walls), access to the dwarves world is closed by a huge unpassable gate, and the "second" world which is in the scenario is not in the game.

and the end... great ! I thought there was a bug... you kill the bad guy, the hard disk is working, and... nothing. You're back to main menu !

too bad, because it had potential, for sure !

and the end... great ! I thought there was a bug... you kill the bad guy, the hard disk is working, and... nothing. You're back to main menu !

Maybe that´s a bug. I know one of the patches fixed a problem with a skipped intro. It´s possible there´s a similar issue with the ending.

Back
Top Bottom