Here is an example why iPad can handle complex PC games

At least he is up front about it - because in some cases that allows you to view without baggage … but for folks like us the context of playing the original is critical. Also, the view taken is again about 'stuffing console gaming on a tablet'. For me, the 'consolization' that resulted in Invisible War is one of those sad milestones in how console gaming has drastically dumbed down games through the years, resulting in less intelligent and more shallow games.

I think we should be somewhat thankful for Invisible War - because it was so bad it served as an example of why NOT to do it, for all to see.

I find the more subtle examples to be more distressing, like the dumbing down of RPG mechanics in games like Oblivion and Fallout 3. Most of the mainstream would consider those games to be relatively hardcore - where as they're really quite casual in terms of mechanics and complexity.

Skyrim was a step up - but it's still balanced and designed for the mainstream player.

Given how ludicrously successful Skyrim is - one would hope that Bethesda will keep adding complexity and interesting mechanics.

I think we should be somewhat thankful for Invisible War - because it was so bad it served as an example of why NOT to do it, for all to see.

For as much as we bicker about minutia ... it is stunning how aligned our thoughts are on the core principles of PC gaming and the RPG. I got neck strain from nodding vigorously! :)

For as much as we bicker about minutia … it is stunning how aligned our thoughts are on the core principles of PC gaming and the RPG. I got neck strain from nodding vigorously! :)

Hehe, well, it's pretty rare to agree on everything ;)

Thanks Dart and txa1265 you forced me to replay Deus Ex: Invisible War for the 20th time. I had no problem with the game.:)

Nothing to prove Joxer this whole thread is nothing but a joke. The only positive thing about this thread is it keeps Apple Intimidationin one place.

Sure I could ban him but whats the point.;)

I'm sorry but I think this opinion is garbage.

I think it's ok to keep Apple contained, but to blow off what an ipad can do for gaming is short sighted at the very minimum.

They seem to have done Xcom well...

I'm sorry but I think this opinion is garbage.

I think it's ok to keep Apple contained, but to blow off what an iPad can do for gaming is short sighted at the very minimum.

They seem to have done Xcom well…

Your point Rune.;) I play iPad games now, and I even post iPad news occasionally. I even stated in other topics it's another option to play games on.

Back to this thread though it's nothing but a cultist iPad player writing insane posts with the occasionally good advice from other posters.

You're not just singling out my posts as you used to do are you? I thought we were over this.:)

Last edited:
... and here I was hoping this thread (and AppleIntimidation with it) was just going to die quietly ... ;)

… and here I was hoping this thread (and AppleIntimidation with it) was just going to die quietly … ;)
He started it first. I have to defend my honor especially agaisnt rune.:shakefist: I will apologize for reviving this thread though.:worship:

Your point Rune.;) I play iPad games now, and I even post iPad news occasionally. I even stated in other topics it's another option to play games on.

Back to this thread though it's nothing but a cultist iPad player writing insane posts with the occasionally good advice from other posters.

You're not just singling out my posts as you used to do are you? I thought we were over this.:)

Nope, just hold what you post to a higher standard due to you being a mod now. I don't want all things ipad considered a "joke". Declaring the whole thread that way lets apple dude win and makes the rest look silly.

Back
Top Bottom