Rise of the Argonauts - Release Date?

magerette

Hedgewitch
Several sites are reporting that the action rpg from Codemasters loosely based on the mythogical exploits of Jason, Rise of the Argonauts, now has a release date in NA of December 16th. The last news we had was that the game was being delayed to 2009, so who knows, but here are links to some of the newsbits reporting it at Voodoo Extreme, Video Game Generation (which sports a press release also indicating a UK ship date of February 9) and ShackNews.
More information.

Seems to be true as pirated version is already available

It's available in Germany as of today. PC Games gave it 71% and found it absolutely mediocre, GameStar didn't disclose the rating but hinted that a couple of weaknesses combined with a length of only 14 hours didn't exactly qualify it for the highest accolades.

14 hours??? Why even bother? I've had the feeling this game might turn out to be underwhelming. I'll definitely be waiting for the rest of the reviews on this one.

14 hours. On rails.

Shorter games don't necessarily have to be bad games but from what I can tell, the replay factor with this one is not particularly high. I guess if you only have a limited time to play and it's great on other levels, it might be okay, but 14 hours of an average, streamlined hack-n-slash seems just a rip-off. I spent 14 hours just getting my mage to level five in King's Bounty. ;)

Still, I'd take 14 hours of greatness over 30+ hours of crud.

Not that I'm saying RotA is 14hrs of greatness or that KB is 30+ of grud ofc.

Last edited:
Isn't RotA the game for which the developer said something like "roleplayers doesn't look for complicated stuff in games, so we focused on action". ?

Yep--it's the one where there's no UI(by default--I think there's an option to activate a simple one)--no health bars, etc, and I think no leveling up points, because all that stuff just gets in the way of decapitating satyrs at warp speed.

I'm supposed to be getting a copy for review from a site where we'll be doing a dual PC/Console review.

Back
Top Bottom