Dragon Age 2 - The Exiled Prince Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
So, with three dayes to go, BioWare has anounced the bonus character for Dragon Age 2 in the Signature Edition is The Exiled Prince, Sebastian Veil. If you miss out on the free upgrade, The Exiled Prince will be available as paid DLC after January 11th (the free upgrade deadline). From the Dragon Age 2 page:
Adventure alongside Sebastian Vael, an archer of noble birth, as he seeks revenge for the brutal murder of his family. Aid him in his quest, and direct his righteous wrath on your enemies. This character is included in the Dragon Age II Signature Edition at no additional cost, or as paid DLC after January 11.
More information.

What's next? Having to buy spells or armor in the game?

Yes....

Although, if there is as much content as there was in DA:O then there will be no cause to bitch and moan. That game was long and the DLCs were mostly just hour long sidequests. I didn't feel like the game was missing anything from not having most of the DLC.

So it all depends on what they release with the game. I really don't know enough about this game to judge it anymore. My attitude towards it has slowly been changing, but I won't buy it till I see some reviews from users here or reviews from sites I trust. Not from bought off sites like Gamespot!

What's next? Having to buy spells or armor in the game?

/sarcasm on
Well to be fair, if I always play as an archer why would I want to pay for all those silly spells and heavy armours?
/sarcasm off

Call it the toll road approach to game design.

/sarcasm on
Well to be fair, if I always play as an archer why would I want to pay for all those silly spells and heavy armours?
/sarcasm off

Call it the toll road approach to game design.

I will bypass the toll and find another route that is free. Enjoy the boundless dlc charged at $5.00 for a few armor and spells everybody. They did it with Mass Effect 2.

I have no problem with the concept of DLC in general, but I think it's starting to get ridiculous when developers are announcing DLC months before the release of the original game.

I have no problem with the concept of DLC in general, but I think it's starting to get ridiculous when developers are announcing DLC months before the release of the original game.

Exactly. I makes me feel like they are cutting content from the core game and selling it as DLC. Instead of releasing a full game and then creating more content after the release.

Reminds me of Shale.

No, it's not like Shale. She was included free with every new copy, regardless of price or preorder type. How is that the same?

Warden's Keep might be a better comparison.

I meant this thing like … It sounded to me like "cut druring the production process because it consumed too much time, and later, they found out that they had some time left, so they began to re-integrate it again" … This thing, as I understood it what happened with the character of Shale during the development process.

Last edited:
Cutting this quest out of the original game if you dont pre order there game is exactly what it looks and sounds like .Nobody does this shameless marketing plot better than Bioware . Will not play there little games!!! pun intended.

I won't pay $7 for a… gay(?) companion. Joking, I wonder if this teen companion targets the young female audience of DAO, you know those that was crazy about the young noble, even forgot his name.

The reason of those "DLC" released before the original aren't clear. The only thing I can see is it's a way to sell games at a higher price, $50 the game plus $7 the DLC1, plus $7 the DLC2, plus $7 the DLC3 sells probably better than $$70 the game.

This could be also a way to manage sales, HUGE SALE: 50$ the game and $20 of DLC free, the bargain of the century.

But well if the original game without any DLC is good enough it's also a little weird to complain and feel be the spoiled player that has been stolen of a part of his game.

EDIT: That throws me an idea, sell $20 the game and let people decide which companion pay for $5 per companion. I'm sure party of 6 will make a come back then.

Why should I order DA2 now? It makes no sense. If I'll wait for a year or so, I can get the game of the year edition with all the DLCs. Besides I never preorder games..and in DA2 case we haven't even seen the so called "pc version".

That remind me I had the plan of buying the DAO Ultimate Edition and forgot it… Mmm after a quick check it seems it's never been released in my country.

The weirdest is that I bought DAO and Awakening on Steam and it was also in French and now on Steam the French isn't supported anymore for Awakening. Lol, what a garbage.

Back
Top Bottom