RPGWatch - InSomnia Community Q&A

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
As promised here is the community Q&A with Studio Mono about their kickstarter RPG InSomnia. So a big thank you to the RPGWatch members who sent me their questions.

RPGWatch:Thank you for agreeing to the interview. Can you give a short description of your game company Studio Mono?

Studio MONO: I’m Anatoliy Guyduk and I’m the lead developer here at Studio MONO. We’re a team from Russia, USA, Malaysia, Poland, Lithuania, Netherlands and Japan, all united by the singular vision of wanting to create the RPG of our dreams! You play as humanity's last bastion of hope, on a colossal spaceship, a character awakens from cryogenic sleep.

RPGWatch: Where did you guys get the idea, or inspiration for the game ?

Studio MONO: This is quite a complicated question, it is the work of many people, each give their own inspirations, so there are multiple prototypes and inspirations InSomnia is developed on. We have a lot of inspirations in literature (Stanislav Lem, Arkadiy & Boris Strygatskiy and many others), cinematography ( Tarkovskiy, Terry Giliam, Jim Jarmush & many others) we are fans of Planscape Torment & the classic Fallout series if we are talking about the video games. But it is just a small part our inspirations resources.
More information.

Thanks for the interview! :)

And as I see I should have fleshed out my questions a little more. :D

I'm very satisfied with the anwers though. Looks like a fine concept. And I'm glad that he clarified that $70k are not enough to fund this game.

Thanks for the interview! :)

And as I see I should have fleshed out my questions a little more. :D

I'm very satisfied with the answers though. Looks like a fine concept. And I'm glad that he clarified that $70k are not enough to fund this game.
Don't worry as that was my fault as I didn't exactly say I would use the questions as you guys wrote them. I just figured I would try something different this time.

I focused on the kickstarter and let you guys ask the questions this time. I may try something bigger on another game in the future, but right now I don't have the time.

On the plus side we have a new preview, and interview coming in the following months.

Great interview - looks like a good game so far!

They should succeed in about 3-4 days, then perhaps make the first stretch goal in the final rush I think. I suspect they'll need to follow the early release route to make enough to complete the game, or else find a wealthy backer. Hopefully they'll make it; the work looks promising.

I'm sad that I missed the Q&A. :( I'll have to go look at their Kickstarter...

Regardless, I wish them all the best of luck!

Game is funded with 7 days to go. Not real impressed with their stretch goals but I am impressed that they have stated they are going to invest another chunk of their own funds to get the game complete.

Yea, I win.

Back
Top Bottom