NetDevil - LEGO MMOG Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You may recall a recent story about NetDevil working on a MMOG for a "major toy company" (link)...turns out the toy company is LEGO and here's the announcement:
The LEGO Group selects NetDevil to create branded MMOG

The LEGO® Group today announced it has commenced a working relationship with NetDevil® to develop a massively multiplayer online gaming experience to further engage its dedicated and active community.

“As children around the world continue to spend more time online we are developing new and engaging ways for them to interact with our brand,” said Lisbeth Valther Pallesen, Executive Vice President, Community, Education and Direct Division LEGO Group. “The LEGO brand represents construction, creativity and problem solving – values that compliment the MMOG market. By merging the online world of social interaction with physical play, the LEGO brand is providing new experiences for children, as well as fans. NetDevil’s technological capability, openness to work with a large community, and their enthusiasm for the LEGO brand made them a natural partner.”

“Playing with LEGO bricks and developing online worlds are both creative activities. To bring them together is deeply professionally satisfying and we look forward to working with the LEGO team,” said Scott Brown, President of NetDevil.
More information.

I have to admit that I'm intrigued. I wish that they'd make a Lego Harry Potter series like the Lego Star Wars series first though.

Oh ... please

I know - I can't wait either! Huh ... that *wasn't* what you meant ?!?! ;)

Seriously, having dumped tons of hours into the LEGO Star Wars games (I reviewed the new one on three platforms!), and with the hours that all of my family put into ToonTown, I see some great potential.

Back
Top Bottom