Arcania - New Screenshots @ VideoGamesZone.de

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
While the two competing games, Risen and Arcania were both in developing stages, there was some debate on which had the better graphics. Now that Risen has been released, and we are seeing some more screenshots of Arcania, I think the trophy has to go to Arcania. Of course the graphics alone don't make a game, so we'll see...

Maybe. But as you say, Risen has already been released while Arcania has not....

We still have a few months to wait for this. I hope it ends up pretty good, but there is still very little reality to fuel that hope :)

Looks very nice! I'm more hopeful for the game after seeing those, which screenshots don't often do. I like seeing the more open landscapes too. If they nail the other parts of the game besides graphics then... GREAT! :)

I must admit graphics look better than Risen. But, unfortunately graphics aren't everything. E3 videos were terrible. I don't have any hope for this game since these videos.

Am I the only one that doesn't like these graphics over Risen? Maybe it's just the style, I don't know. But it's hard to just from a few low-res screens compared to having the game in hand, of course.

I feel like the entire Gothic stuff is cursed. Risen was very medioce and in some parts outright horrible. Combat, quest lack in later half and this ridiculous console jump boss mob encounter at the end... terrible game. Now Arcania is releasing ONE screenshot? Wow, how generous. That says rat's ass. Anyone can render one cool scene. I have entirely lost my faith in anything coming from this Gothic direction. Apparently Gothic 1 & 2 were more lucky shots than real craftsmanship.

I feel like the entire Gothic stuff is cursed. Risen was very medioce and in some parts outright horrible. Combat, quest lack in later half and this ridiculous console jump boss mob encounter at the end… terrible game. Now Arcania is releasing ONE screenshot? Wow, how generous. That says rat's ass. Anyone can render one cool scene. I have entirely lost my faith in anything coming from this Gothic direction. Apparently Gothic 1 & 2 were more lucky shots than real craftsmanship.

Huh? Risen might have fallen short in some areas, particularly the end, but 'terrible'. Sorry, most would disagree - sounds more like sour grapes. But that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, of course.

Huh? Risen might have fallen short in some areas, particularly the end, but 'terrible'. Sorry, most would disagree - sounds more like sour grapes. But that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, of course.

Well maybe so... the first half was ok. But in 25 years gaming it was one of only 3 games I just was never able to beat the end boss, and trust me I tried. But that thrice damned jump and timed reaction sequence just SO wasnt my thing. And if one thing ires me it is playing a game for weeks and then have a shitty feeling at the end. Plus, the fighting was the same stun-orgies as in Gothic 3. Hordes of minor creatures stun me to death. No thanks!

Given that Arcania is a completely different developer, how do you jump to the conclusion that Piranha Bytes lacks reals craftmanship?

because of Gothic 3 and Risen?

both games together are even not half that good as g1

Which has what to do with a thread about Arcania, developed by Spellbound?

Nothing! There is hope for this title. I'd be surprised if folks would disagree in mass that Risen was less than 'good'. It was pretty enjoyable afterall. At this point I'll be pretty happy if Arcania ends up being 'good', or on par with Risen or the community patched G3.

I'll add my voice to the throng. I found it to be a decent game. Not the best, but not as bad G3. Sure it's not as good as Gothic 1 or 2, but what the hell is nowadays? I truly don't think they could make another hardcore rpg like Gothic. They have to have some mass appeal to their games or go broke.

I like the screenshots , the bodies look natural at last.
I do have some objections about non human models , they are looking totally out of place , i understand that they are fantasy creatures but they should try to look like products of an evolution , tentacle ears on goblins look like turbines on spaceships, spaceships that never land on planets.
Giant bugs *can* live on a jungle planet but not inside a coniferous forest .

Back
Top Bottom