Dragon Commander - Preview @ Destructoid

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Destructoid has a preview of Dragon Commander, saying the game has been a "personal highlight of the show so far". Multiplayer is also revealed in passing. Here's a snip on some of the systems:
Dragon Commander consists of multiple stages of play, each one appearing to be well crafted. From the player's main airship, the Raven, various political and social activities can be undertaken. Advisers will suggest new courses of action, which can be followed or ignored at will, and ambassadors from other kingdoms can appear to offer various alliances. A princess from one of the kingdoms can be married and visited in the bedroom for advice, and each marriage will affect the realm in various ways. In the demo, the player divorced his elven bride and married a dwarven one, causing various provinces to rise up in rebellion but gaining the trust of the dwarf faction.
Lar also has a blog post on the reception for Dragon Commander at E3, so far.
More information.

The blog post also contains a link to a video from the Dragon Commander presentation at E3.

I read the preview and am surprised and very happy that Larian is getting so much positive feedback on both their new games. Good times! :) I still remember all the hardship they had to endure with the press and publishers back when they tried to promote Divinity ten years ago.

As for Dragon Commander — even though I'm not into realtime strategy at all, I'm intrigued now.

Nice video, finally some gameplay!

I think I will like Dragon Commander if I can play as a dragon a lot in it (I actually loved that part of DII).

I must admit I am intrigued too. I am also currently on a strategy mood (will probably get Shogun 2 after I am done with the KBs hopefully on a steam summer sale).

Would love a demo.

I was completely focused on seeing that gameplay until shortly after the :40 mark. Something else stole my attention at that point. ;)

Being a girl immunize me against certain marketing tactics. :p

I was completely focused on seeing that gameplay until shortly after the :40 mark. Something else stole my attention at that point. ;)
Thanks for the heads-up.
I guess I will never be immunize... to this kind of... things.

I hope they dont ruin it... this game looks like it may be real fun to play.

I don't know I found the dragon parts of DKS the weakest part of the game. SO not to sure what to think about this.

Ugh, definitely not for me. It looks like a fantasy version of an air combat game with dragons instead of planes or jets, and I never liked those games.

"Ugh, definitely not for me. It looks like a fantasy version of an air combat game with dragons instead of planes or jets, and I never liked those games. "

Only one small element of the game is like that, and I get the impression that you can either play it more like an air combat version of Dynasty Warriors or more RTS-like, with a focus on your troops. However, if you're not interested in RTSs, the strategic meta-game, or the RP elements, I guess that won't help much.

I rather see it as a board game, still, kind of. ;)

Back
Top Bottom