game of thornes

Here's what will happen (best guess):

Favored sarcastic and anachronistic dwarf won't die - and will likely save the world again, in some way. He's the embodiment of the author, after all.

Some of your favorite characters will die in shocking ways.

People will be very harsh and cruel to each other.

You will see lots of naked women and men.

You will see at least one superhero-level warrior that you haven't seen before - who's also really cool in some way.

At least one duel between established superhero-level warriors with an unexpected outcome.

Small segments of very expensive CGI - because they have the budget to do it, but not enough to do it well.

Nothing much will happen in terms of overall plot progression, assuming there is a plot.

There, you don't have to pirate it :)

I loved the first season, but I've found the rest to be merely silly and entertaining.

It's frustrating, because I think I would have loved it - if not for the obscene amount of for-effect shocking deaths. Well, that, and a recognisable plot to drive it all forward, instead of being cyclical surges of violence, corruption and greed.

For someone who have read the books, it starts out great, and goes downhill from there. Each book has been worse than the one before it.

Here's what will happen (best guess):

Favored sarcastic and anachronistic dwarf won't die - and will likely save the world again, in some way. He's the embodiment of the author, after all.

Some of your favorite characters will die in shocking ways.

People will be very harsh and cruel to each other.

You will see lots of naked women and men.

You will see at least one superhero-level warrior that you haven't seen before - who's also really cool in some way.

At least one duel between established superhero-level warriors with an unexpected outcome.

Small segments of very expensive CGI - because they have the budget to do it, but not enough to do it well.

Nothing much will happen in terms of overall plot progression, assuming there is a plot.

….

There, you don't have to pirate it :)

Everything you describe is riveting stuff and all shows should have more of that!

Favored sarcastic and anachronistic dwarf won't die - and will likely save the world again

Also, when did he save the world the first time?

For someone who have read the books, it starts out great, and goes downhill from there. Each book has been worse than the one before it.

I agree however its still fun and entertaining than most stuff out there. And if you narrow it down to fantasy then its the only thing out there in terms of TV show…

Everything you describe is riveting stuff and all shows should have more of that!

Suddenly, it all makes sense. GoT the TV show is what you consider to be good writing. I finally understand why you don't enjoy ESO writing. It's not mainstream and obviously manipulative enough for you.

Thank you for that bit of info ;)

Let me guess, you also think Walking Dead is riveting stuff? It's pretty much the same stuff in a post-zombie-plague setting. Ok, not too many naked bodies :(

Also, when did he save the world the first time?

It was an exaggeration :) That said, killing Tywin is likely a very good step along the way to complete world freedom.

I loved the first season, but I've found the rest to be merely silly and entertaining.

It's frustrating, because I think I would have loved it - if not for the obscene amount of for-effect shocking deaths. Well, that, and a recognisable plot to drive it all forward, instead of being cyclical surges of violence, corruption and greed.

As a fantasy fan I agree completely. However I don't think Martin was a big fantasy fan to begin with, to him its all about the characters and what make them tick. I don' think he cares much for the plot which is an excuse. So to me this is fantasy soap opera, a well written and made fantasy soap opera!

Suddenly, it all makes sense. GoT the TV show is what you consider to be good writing. I finally understand why you don't enjoy ESO writing. It's not mainstream and obviously manipulative enough for you.

Thank you for that bit of info ;)

Let me guess, you also think Walking Dead is riveting stuff? It's pretty much the same stuff in a post-zombie-plague setting. Ok, not too many naked bodies :(

It was an exaggeration :) That said, killing Tywin is likely a very good step along the way to complete world freedom.

Ah well, I didn't take you for hipster but what do I know ;)

As a fantasy fan I agree completely. However I don't think Martin was a big fantasy fan to begin with, to him its all about the characters and what make them tick. I don' think he cares much for the plot which is an excuse. So to me this is fantasy soap opera, a well written and made fantasy soap opera!

That's one theory.

To me, it's painfully obvious that he just wants to shock the audience as much as possible, trying to pass it off as "realistic".

I read the first book, and it was really quite excellent. However, I think he's proven that he can't maintain a high level of quality - and he doesn't have the first clue how to build a plot and evolve it.

He knows how to write interesting characters and dialogue. I think he's great at describing action sequences, too.

But he's very one-note - and I guess it's just not my style at length. It gets to be too predictable.

That's one theory.

To me, it's painfully obvious that he just wants to shock the audience as much as possible, trying to pass it off as "realistic".

I read the first book, and it was really quite excellent. However, I think he's proven that he can't maintain a high level of quality - and he doesn't have the first clue how to build a plot and evolve it.

He knows how to write interesting characters and dialogue. I think he's great at describing action sequences, too.

But he's very one-note - and I guess it's just not my style at length. It gets to be too predictable.

There was "leak" of some sort recently where it had his original outline for the whole show. It has Daenerys invading Westeros lot sooner than what's happening now. She actually invades around book three mark. So he was planning to be lot tighter with plot and the characters so I wonder why he is dragging it now…

There was "leak" of some sort recently where it had his original outline for the whole show. It has Daenerys invading Westeros lot sooner than what's happening now. She actually invades around book three mark. So he was planning to be lot tighter with plot and the characters so I wonder why he is dragging it now…

Probably because he doesn't have a clue what else the plot should be.

But I can see that if he doesn't care about an interesting plot - and his audience just wants more of the same - then dragging it out, and ending with something that's been telegraphed since the very first episode is probably a great way to tell a tale.

Personally, I'd love if the plot had more than just "it's war and people are greedy, violent and corrupt."

We're on season 5 now, and the White Walkers introduced in the very first scene have yet to appear for more than a few seconds. That's the kind of thing that drew me to the show in the first place.

Ned's death was fantastic, because it was the first time it happened to a main character. That's how you create powerful drama. When you try to top yourself over and over, after that - that's when you dilute drama into something resembling comedy horror more than anything.

Also, his character development is somewhat absurd. People go from killing innocent children to being essentially decent guys - and most have no growth at all. That's not really too interesting to me.

But we all want different things :)

The show is a spectacle and people love it. I guess there's no need for more than that.

Yeah. Thanks for confirming D'Artagnan :D

I've watched those four episodes yesterday in one sitting. I was thinking how this show became no more than average. And totally overrated. I'm thinking book readers aren't happy either. Acting is just mediocre, with lone peaks here and there. I must say I prefer Vikings at the moment. A lot more tension, authenticity and in my opinion better acting.

So true. It's not cool that he took all evil plots and put it in there. Dragons, undead, witchcraft, resurrections e.t.c.

Yeah. Thanks for confirming D'Artagnan :D

I've watched those four episodes yesterday in one sitting. I was thinking how this show became no more than average. And totally overrated. I'm thinking book readers aren't happy either. Acting is just mediocre, with lone peaks here and there. I must say I prefer Vikings at the moment. A lot more tension, authenticity and in my opinion better acting.

I also enjoy vikings. The thing that doesn't look good with me are the battles. It seems that the enemies of vikings lack the basic principles of battlefield(they are utterly stupid in other words). This without having any idea about the historic battles.

Back
Top Bottom