SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Press Release
Vienna, Austria, May 26th; 2009; JoWooD Productions and DreamCatcher Games announce that a sequel to the successful SpellForce saga will soon be released. SpellForce 2 – Faith in Destiny combines real time strategy with exciting role-play elements. Be part of the story, when all the loose ends tie up in a grandiose showdown between good and evil. Only you can conquer the shadows of the past and reveal the demonic conspiracy.

“Developing another game in the SpellForce saga is an exciting opportunity for us. Faith in Destiny is developed incorporating feedback from the community and feedback from those who have assisted in the development of previous Spellforce games,” says Clemens Schneidhofer, PR Coordinator at JoWooD Productions. “I’d like to add that we bow before the loyal fans of the brand and want to thank all of them for their amazing support.”

“SpellForce 2 – Faith in Destiny will continue the successful Spellforce brand” adds David Skreiner, Associate Producer at JoWooD. “With its brand new multiplayer features and the countless detail improvements, SpellForce will, once more, set new revolutionary impulses to the genre."

More information.

Has anyone tried it?

I played it and liked it. It is Spellforce 2 technology and style and shorter than the Dragon Storm Add On. Some Spellforce-Fans were disappointed, however.

I liked the three DLCs (they call them Scenarios) even more:

"The Golden Fool", which is about playing the in-game-game "​​Drakkar" (has a role similar to Arcomage in Might and Magic).

"Flinks Secret Diary", which is about a famous thief (famous among Spellforce fans).

And "The last stand", which is about defending the elf city "Dun Mora".

In the meantime there was another add-on to Spellforce 2, "Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past", which is longer than Faith in destiny.

I like them all...

Last Remark: Spellforce is now published by Nordic Games and Spellforce 3 is announced...

Back
Top Bottom