Making logo a homepage link?

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire
Original Sin Donor
If the RPGWatchtower were a link to the News Homepage, I think that would make navigating this site on my iPhone much easier. To use the menu, I always have to zoom in first.

i agree, a clickable banner/logo would be helpful. in any case that seems to be the default in most of the websites.

If the RPGWatchtower were a link to the News Homepage, I think that would make navigating this site on my iPhone much easier. To use the menu, I always have to zoom in first.

Not a bad idea, that is also what I have to do on my Droid.

A link behind the logo is standard. We must have overlooked it somehow.

I think there has been a request for something like that in the past.
I can live without it but it would certainly be a welcome "feature".

Yes, it had been requested before and yes, it's standard practice. I was too lazy since it was a bit complicated to implement with the dark/light theme … or so I thought. Made a quick and dirty hack now, but it should work fine. Happy clicking. ^^

Thank you! Seems to work, except it switches from dark to light when you are in the dark theme. Hope it doesn't turn out too complicated after all!

It shouldn't switch to light … try shift-reload? ;) Doesn't work in IE8, breaks design, so much for quick and dirty … edit: fixed. Hope it works for everyone now.

Works like a charm,thanks!

It shouldn't switch to light … try shift-reload? ;) Doesn't work in IE8, breaks design, so much for quick and dirty … edit: fixed. Hope it works for everyone now.

As we said IE is malware :D

@Arhu: thanks!

I tried it on the mobile and it really does help, so thanks again! My problem with the dark skin apparently has nothing to do with the specific link, on further tests dark doesn't "stick" no matter what kind of internal link I use - I always revert to light with every new page loaded (I do remain logged in, so I guess it's not that I don't accept the cookies, or whatever this is based on). Thought I'd let you know, but its no issue for me personally as I use the light version anyway.

As we said IE is malware :D

Since yesterday the IE is officially malware. "BSI recommends the temporary use of alternative browsers". The BSI is the "Federal Office for Security in Information Technology" of the German government. The warning was sent out as PR and through their security news channel for citizens and SMBs.

Back
Top Bottom