Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Interview @ TabTimes

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Overhaul Games' Cameron Tofer has been interviewed by TabTimes about Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. The conversation focuses heavily on the iPad version but before you draw any conclusions from that, bear in mind the site is all about tablets:
What’s your proudest accomplishment since you started development of the new version of the game for the iPad?
We’ve had some pretty happy moments. We spent a lot of time in the code and, for lack of a better word, butchered a lot of MSC stuff and old Windows junk out of there. I think we reduced the size of the binary by a third almost. It was originally 10MB. We were able to get it down to 2MB or something like that. We’ve made some major changes to it.
Of course, there’s the effort of making it portable too. Now we’re redoing the UI. That’s going to be really exciting because it’ll open the game up to UI mods and all kinds of other wonderful stuff. I can’t say exactly how it’s going to do yet. We’re still iterating it to find out.
With our first passes, we were reworking the UI to be more flexible, where we can start making different changes, and then see where it goes. The benefit in that is that we can do different versions and different themes—we can have a couple of different styles of interface.
Designing for a tablet is significantly different from designing for PC so we’re playing with it to make it really good. I don’t pretend to know exactly the way the interface should be and then make it that way.
More information.

I think it's about time that we see some screen shots from BG. I know some will say that we already know what it looks like, but I'd still like to see them regardless.

Also, has it been made clear or not if the new BG will be a high res of the original style UI? I'm thinking it will look like BG2 / BG Tutu.

Back
Top Bottom