Pricewatch!

Really? That's great.
Do you guys think that I should buy Stonekeep and Betrayal at Krondor, too?

Betrayal at krondor absolutely! It was the rpg of year back those days. And dont forget betrayal at antara and return to krondor. And if you like you might read the books too. Especially the ones that come before the krondor series. Please read the review:
Betrayal at krondor 94%:
http://www.pelit.fi/index.php?id=60360

Finnish computer game magazine Pelit[25] gave the game a 94% verdict, and said "Krondor is as big a revolution in turn-based role playing games as the Underworlds were in 3D role playing games."

PC Gamer listed Krondor as one of the top fifty computer games of all time in their 1997 survey.

Computer Gaming World (Now Games for Windows) ranked Betrayal at Krondor #43 on their list of the 150 best games of all time in their November 1996 Anniversary Edition.[26] and was added to their Hall of Fame in 2001,[27] saying it was the "first role-playing game to offer a 3D environment and...one of the first games to use digitized images effectively in the context of a role-playing game."
Krondor is 40 times the size of ultima7. Theres lots of things to do and see. It has a nice turn based combat system and 3d movement (like in mm6?) and nice pretty old style graphics. It also has a very original skill based system instead of level one. The story plays like a thick fantasy book through multiple chapters. I love this game. Its my all time favorite (ultima underworld coming close behind).

For one thing the free version does not come with nice carved box, world map and manual. Its also missing the great cd music. Just remember to buy a CDROM version - not disk one.

As for stonekeep checkout the youtube videos first. I was thinking about buying it but the ingame videos in youtube changed my mind.

Last edited:
I played a both of these and I LOVE KRONDOR it is definetely one of the greatest RPG's of all time! You might want to try the free version availiable from my website togheter with a little review I wrote www.free-addicting-games.com before you buy it, but I WOULD say buy it if you can no matter what! the other two games in the series doesn't come close though.

As for stonekeep , I REALLY love this game in the beginning a great intro! and a great first parts of the game, I was truly stunned when I got my first party member. But about 1/4 into the game, it becomes horrible, when you go into a water filled place, drop an item and it is lost in the water, the story whacks out, and everything goes WAHHHH, one of the biggest let downs for me since it started SOOOOOO promising!

I played a both of these and I LOVE KRONDOR it is definetely one of the greatest RPG's of all time! You might want to try the free version availiable from my website togheter with a little review I wrote www.free-addicting-games.com before you buy it, but I WOULD say buy it if you can no matter what! the other two games in the series doesn't come close though.

As for stonekeep , I REALLY love this game in the beginning a great intro! and a great first parts of the game, I was truly stunned when I got my first party member. But about 1/4 into the game, it becomes horrible, when you go into a water filled place, drop an item and it is lost in the water, the story whacks out, and everything goes WAHHHH, one of the biggest let downs for me since it started SOOOOOO promising!

Woman who likes exactly the games I like? Thats like a one in a million chance. Will you marry me? (this must be terribly offtopic)

Last edited:
Don't bother with Dragonshard, it's a very mediocre game. Hell, you can have my copy if you want. :lol:

SP, perhaps. But as MP it was quite good with some nice innovations. Sadly, they killed any chance it had when the released it and no one could hook up via Gamespy. Doh! :S By the time they patched it, it was too late...

Can anyone tell me if Betrayal at Krondor is easy to run on Windows XP? I assume DosBox will be needed of course.

Surprisingly the cd version can be had for around $3 on Amazon (used), I think I'm going to try the free version first to see if I like it.

I managed to run it on winXP without dosbox.

Really?? I'm quite surprised to hear that. It's strange that a game like Krondor that was released in 1993 runs in XP, but I can't get Wizards and Warriors (released in 2000) to run on it.

*Edit* Well it didn't work for me, no surprise there... I never seem to have any luck with older games on WinXP.

Do you remember what you did to get it to run?

Last edited:
hmmm, It was a long time ago. I do not remmember. I tried to make it work now with my XP SP2 but I also failed. I guess you have to try your luck with dosbox after all :(

oo yeah, I think it was something like that I did back at that time. Not as hard as to get Gothic 3 or Oblivion to run well :p

Well I just played Krondor for the first time using DosBox. It's definitely one of those game I wished I had played 10+ years ago. The story seems really cool but the game is just a little too dated now for my taste.

*Edit* So I guess that's where Gorath got his username huh? ;)

Last edited:
I would try to get past the graphics if I were you!! it is worth it! One of the greatest games of all time!

Well I just played Krondor for the first time using DosBox. It's definitely one of those game I wished I had played 10+ years ago. The story seems really cool but the game is just a little too dated now for my taste.

If you cant stand krondor 1 or 2 (graphics only slightly improved) due to visuals then theres no excuse not to play krondor 3:

Raymond E. Feist's Return to Krondor

If you missed the chance to play "Betrayal at Krondor" this will makes it all worthwhile...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/raymond-e-feists-return-to-krondor

Bought:

Secret Files: Tunguska
- for 6,99e @ play.com

MechWarrior 4 Vengeance + Black Knight Expansion
- for 6,99e @ play.com

If you cant stand krondor 1 or 2 (graphics only slightly improved) due to visuals then theres no excuse not to play krondor 3:

+1
Return to Krondor was a beautiful game when it came out. It´s still tolerable nowadays. The game is not as deep as the older parts but still good for a nice long weekend. You certainly can´t go wrong if you can find it for a couple of bugs.

Unfortunately. Early 3D games didn´t age well. :(

*Edit* So I guess that's where Gorath got his username huh? ;)
Yup. This character gets some nice scenes in later chapters - and for a long time it´s unclear whether he is good or bad.

Bought:

Secret Files: Tunguska
- for 6,99e @ play.com
I enjoyed the German version. Surprisingly high production values, very comfortable interface, solid gameplay. There´s a patch with an alternative ending.

not trying to be rude but should we take this to a Betrayal at Kronder thread to keep this one on topic?

I've never got it to work either so I'm interested.

Beyond Divinity, Summoner, Thief 1 & 2 Double Pack, Fallout 2, Dungeon Siege, Might & Magic 7, Sacred Plus, SpellForce: Order Of Dawn, The Bard's Tale
available for 6,99eur at play.com

Freelancer, Darkstar one, Lucas Classic Line: Sam & Max, Fallout Collection
available for EUR 11.49 also at play.com

Us europeans would be so screwed without play.com.
Why pay for postage, customs and VAT when you can choose not to :D

Back
Top Bottom