once again, I am finished with MMOs...

I would actually LOVE to play World of Warcraft as a single-player game, lol.

After reading all this I just wonder ... does there exist any MMO-type like game that allows one to install his/her own server for some selected friends ?

Or is NWN just this ?

It is... I had a great time when I played NWN at my home-LAN with sometimes up to 4 friends, nearly every Saturday for maybe two years - then we all switched to WoW and thats it... now we even play on different WoW-Servers :(

I would actually LOVE to play World of Warcraft as a single-player game, lol.

I had exactly this feeling when I saw Ultima Online coming out !

I'd like to have a private WoW server for real, persistant world-styled RP-centred adventuring. Azeroth is a huge place with so much great content, having a regular group of players actually role-playing their characters in a manner akin to a NWN PW would be spectacular.

Yeah, it really would. But never will happen. Unless maybe in 2020...

Nah, WoW will still be running in 2020. Blizzard still hosts Diablo through Battle.net after all.....
Even if no-one is playing, Blizzard isn't likely to let any asset hit the freeware domain!

You're probably right on that.

Samhain: I dunno, I dont think I will be going back to MMO, its really different this time. I waited 5 years for Darkfall only to realize that I dont want to play Darkfall with the people it attracts. It might be an awesome game, but the type of people that are gonna play it are not my ideal crowd (far from it, in fact). They will ruin Darkfall, just like the community ruined the forums for 5 years. And Darkfall was my #1 reason to keep playing MMOs. Without lookin forward to Darkfall, I am finished with MMOs.

Imagine 60,000 hardcore griefers together in an MMO game that has open PvP with full loot. That means they are completely free to kill your character, any time they want, and will take all of your equipment. Griefers are gonna grief the shit out of anyone and everyone, and they WILL find ways to abuse the system, even a great system. There will be nobody to be friends with in Darkfall, they are all Player Killing griefers. The vast majority of peope on DFO forums have the term "griefer" and "PKer" written in their sigs: they brag about griefing people. I am no longer interested. No thanks. I actually hope Darkfall falls flat on its face so that people will realize that they should be nice to other people, but doesnt matter to me anymore. I was hoping for years and years that the Darkfall crowd would grow some brains, but they havent; they actually got a lot worse, now.

Currently I am having a blast playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the first time. OMG that game is so fun. And I'm playing a few other games. Today I have ordered Civilizations 4 with all expansions; Knights of Nine and Shivering Isles for my copy of Elder Scrolls Oblivion (which I havent even played yet since I was playin MMOs for so long); and I got Warhammer Dawn Of War Platinum edition (which has all three Dawn of War games in it). :D

Last edited:
Get Gothic 3! if you have good PC you will really love it!

Serious? I thought Gothic 3 was bugged to heck? thats why I havent got it yet. And I have a good computer, I can play Oblivion on maximum settings decently.

Also I do plan on getting Gothic 2 Gold very soon, I better get it before they stop selling it.

So okey, I will get Gothic 3 next month.

Imagine 60,000 hardcore griefers together in an MMO game that has open PvP with full loot. That means they are completely free to kill your character, any time they want, and will take all of your equipment. Griefers are gonna grief the shit out of anyone and everyone, and they WILL find ways to abuse the system, even a great system. There will be nobody to be friends with in Darkfall, they are all Player Killing griefers. The vast majority of peope on DFO forums have the term "griefer" and "PKer" written in their sigs: they brag about griefing people.

Well that sounds like a huge piece of crap game then. Whoever decided that was a good game model has some pretty serious issues about game design.
It's usually people that ruin a potentially good MMO. The best setting and quests in the world won't make a game playable if it's full of asshats and griefers, and allowing full-tilt griefing is just insane.

Currently I am having a blast playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the first time. OMG that game is so fun. And I'm playing a few other games. Today I have ordered Civilizations 4 with all expansions; Knights of Nine and Shivering Isles for my copy of Elder Scrolls Oblivion (which I havent even played yet since I was playin MMOs for so long); and I got Warhammer Dawn Of War Platinum edition (which has all three Dawn of War games in it). :D

San Andreas is really good. I haven't finished it though (I've never finished a GTA game), but it is the best of the series so far. I stopped playing for a while, then went back and realised I was in a pretty tough mission and I had forgotten how to play properly, so I'm kind of stuck :p

I tried a lot of MMo, free MMos though. I usually get bored with them in a ew hours. The gameplay doesn't appeal to me, and the social side doesn't work a lot for me. only a few times it worked but I got bored. So I decided: only single player rpgs for me.

Once again, I am finished with MMOs...

This time however its the people themselves in the games that are very rude, disrespectful to each other, and generally annoying, more than fundamental flaws in the gameplay.
I made this connection during my one and only Everquest session in 2002. I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone thought I would pay monthly to hang with people I would avoid in real life. I've never been tempted to even look at a MMORPG since, not a single one.

I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Back
Top Bottom