Video game collection sells for a million Euros on Ebay.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Crazy stuff… this guy apparently had the ultimate collector's collection.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...ideo-game-collection-fetches-1-231803592.html

http://www.latimes.com/business/tec...mous-video-game-ebay-20120709,0,6539757.story

The collection includes full sets for 22 game consoles, or roughly 7,000 games. We're talking every single game for every Sega console, every game released for Nintendo systems spanning the Famicom to the Gamecube, and even every single game ever released for the lesser-known NEC systems.

Makes me wonder how much my Turbografx games would be worth today. I sold my collection ~12 years ago for over $1,000.

"If he sold it on Pawn Stars, he would have gotten $120."

That was the first comment when I visited the Yahoo link. Funny as hell.

The collecting bug is a very human thing to do. Reading the article it appears that the guy didn't play the games but just collected them.

Ok I admit I have bought games that I never played, though I always planned to do so, but they number no more than a few dozen.

Hope he gets his money.

The collecting bug is a very human thing to do. Reading the article it appears that the guy didn't play the games but just collected them.

He's a gamer as well.

But despite having his collection cut down some 7,000 games, Andre assured me that he still has thousands of others he'll be keeping for himself. He said he was a big time gamer until he was 25. He began putting together this particular collection 15 years ago.

"What I put on Ebay is just a part of my collection," said Andre, whose favorite video game series is the "Ys" games. "I still do have thousands of other games that I didn’t put there."

Can you imagine the amount of space he must have dedicated for this? I'm guessing he doesn't live in an apartment. :)

I missed that bit. It was the bit about the games still being wrapped in their cellophane.

I have a house but my more modest collection (300 games) is bursting out of the area that is dedicated to it.

He should have donated it to a game museum.

Yes, these things even exist today. I know of one, and there might exist 1-2 others as well.

But they are not very widespread.

People say "games are art" ? Then it's time for art museums for them, too !

Back
Top Bottom