Bethesda Softworks - Fallout Bought Outright

One fly in that ointment, is that Interplay has no staff to make any game, and as most of its previous staff went unpaid, who in their right mind (or even out of it) would agree to work for them!! With their track record, I'd insist on being paid 6 months in advance at least!!!!

Well, according to that SEC thingie, Herve seems to have found a total of 5 nutters (including one "dev") to work for him :biggrin: ...
As of December 31, 2006, we had 6 employees, including 1 in software engineering, 2 in sales and marketing and 3 in finance, general and administrative.

Well, according to that SEC thingie, Herve seems to have found a total of 5 nutters (including one "dev") to work for him :biggrin: ...

I wouldn't be surprised if those 5 are all close relatives or even his wife (if he has one) and family.

Yup. And his pets, too! :biggrin:

Where is PETA when you need them?

**imagines airless underground bunker in Paris filled with small exploited ferrets on keyboards**

This is a good thing IMO. At least the franchise is now in the hands of a financially sound company. Its just too bad that Interplay got some underserved cash out of the deal.

Unfortunately, you can bet Herve is going to try to find ways to pocket the cash rather than pay his creditors, in particular the ex-employees that never got paid. This is was his routine in the past.

It is simply too bad they didn't file for bankruptcy and had to be forced into it. If you are forced in to Bankruptcy in the US like my last job was you are allowed to keep operating. It looks like Herve needed $750k to keep going and that's what he got.

Otherwise the courts could have auctioned off the assets instead and some bank in the Bahamas wouldn't have got a large deposit.

I assume 5 mil included not just art but lots of other design stuff they can use in fallout3.

You forget that design is like kryptonite to Bethesda. :D

Good one Section8 and welcome to the Watch!!

Final nail in Fallout's coffin, IMO. At least I still have the originals and can take a trip down memory lane when I feel nostalgic.

Been doing that myself lately!! :)

Back
Top Bottom