The Witcher 2 - coming to XBOX360 and Patch 1.2 News

Garrett

Watchdog
The currently broadcast press conference by CDPR and GOG announced, as expected, the XBox360 port of Witcher 2 due to hit stores towards the end of 2011 alongside with patch 1.2 scheduled for tomorrow. A etailed patch list will be released after the press conference, but among the usual bug- and balancing fixes it features a new DLC called 'Barbers and Coiffeurs', which allows Geralt to wear his hair open aghain as in W1 ;-)
More information.

Besides that, some EA classics (Dungeon Keeper, Privateer and Ultima underworld) are now available at GOG.com for some cheap price.
In other words… EA signed with GOG. Will DA3 be DRM-free? Hell, I'd love to ask that if I could. ;)

Besides that, some EA classics (Dungeon Keeper, Privateer and Ultima underworld) are now available at GOG.com for some cheap price.
In other words… EA signed with GOG. Will DA3 be DRM-free? Hell, I'd love to ask that if I could. ;)

And that is the far more important news. EA has signed on. Bloody hell, never thought I see the day that happens.

Edit: I just read that they're adding Alpha Centaury sometime in the next few months. I don't believe it. That's getting better and better.

Oops, I missed this part on the conference:
http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/47/

I asked a few times here on RPGwatch any news on CDProjekt working with Platige… Noone ever answered.

In TW2 I missed these three things that spoiled me in TW1:
1. drinking "contests"
2. sex cards
3. Platige Image masterpieces of animation

They'll fix it. Here it is, a begining, or rather continuing, working with possibly the best animators on the planet - HD announcement on Xbox TW2 version. Directed by Tomek (ok, Tomasz) Baginski, who else. Only the best. ;)
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-the-witcher/714516

I've been re-reading L. E. Modesitt books for the last several days, taking a little break from TW2 and crpg gaming in general. The patch and the new DLC might be a good time to jump back into it. I love the Recluce novels :)

I just posted in the Ultima thread about this, but I guess you beat me to it. Man, oh, man, I liked these games.

Islamic–themed and similar textures have been deleted and/or replaced.

Sounds like there was a juicy piece of drama behind this, anyone follow it?

I don't know any details, but I have to say I'm very tired of games getting censored because religious nuts -- be they Christian, Islamic, pick-your-poison -- get all lathered up about utterly innocuous things. Don't like it? Don't play it. Or -- since the game is apparently mod-friendly -- make up your own "Islamic-friendly texture mod pack" and distribute it to those who are interested. Leave the rest of us out of it.

Also wondering what this is. So are a lot of people, judging from what I found via Google.

There's an official clarification but since the forums are down it's buried way down on the comments to the blog post with the changelog:

Michał Kiciński

By mistake on one of the carpets in one of the games brothels there were islamic motives. Not a good taste and pure mistake. Carpets in this particular brothel then get exchanged;)

Michal
CDP RED

I think he means "motifs", lol. Gotta love this guy. Ive attached a pic of the carpet in question.

Probably a wise move, better to err on the side of safety. Last thing we need is a Fatwa of Death being called out on CDP or something over a rug graphic in a game.

Attachments

• witcher2 2011-06-02 23-31-18-79.jpg
    witcher2 2011-06-02 23-31-18-79.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 84
Have they mentioned what KIND of balance changes are upcoming in 1.2?

They mentioned changes to the prologue during the announcement. It sounded like they're tweaking specific encounters rather than gameplay mechanics, but don't quote me on that. :)

Ah, if so, they're probably responding to the whining about how hard the game is at the beginning.

To me, that's the perfect start.

I'd rather they tweaked the rest of the game to maintain a more consistent challenge. But that would take some effort, as it's not just about numbers.

I've seen better CG. What Blur does for instance, Blizzard, too.

Obviously, you haven't seen Cathedral (Katedra) nor Fallen Art (Sztuka Spadania).
Blizzard, baaaaaaaaah.

I just can't wait to replay the game, now with fixed Melitele quest.

From an artistic point of view, Katedra is fantastic. However, technically - it's FAR behind what Blizzard or Blur have done.

Now if they could just get 3D vision working. I'm still holding off playing until that happens, if it ever does.

From an artistic point of view, Katedra is fantastic. However, technically - it's FAR behind what Blizzard or Blur have done.
Think whatever you want. Katedra is unique and impossible to (re)make by anyone else.
Blizzard animations is just generic (polished though) crap that can be made by 5year old kid.
So please, do not add Blizzard's crap into The Withcher 2. TW2 deserves Katedra things!

Back
Top Bottom