Atari - Two New D&D Compilation Sets

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Atari sent us a press release announcing two new D&D compilation backs. The first has a full collection of Infinity Engine games plus ToEE, and the second covers NWN and NWN2 collected together. The first is $19.99 and the second $29.99 and both are due next week on November 15th:
ATARI SET TO UNLEASH TWO DUNGEONS & DRAGONS PREMIUM COLLECTIONS

The Best of Dungeons & Dragons and Neverwinter Comes to Windows PC with Two of the Ultimate Box Sets for Dragon Slayers

Los Angeles, CA — November 9, 2011 — Atari, a multi-platform, global interactive entertainment and licensing company, will release two ultimate collector edition bundle packs, Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection and Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete, for Windows PC on November 15th, at all retail outlets. The collections are available for preorder now at GameStop, Amazon, and Target.

Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection packages 6 of the most beloved classic RPG video games of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise and their expansions into a single PC Box set – the ultimate RPG package for the ultimate D&D fan. The Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection features some of the greatest D&D titles ever published in a single package including six Game of the Year winners, all for $19.99. Games in The Master Collection include:
· Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions
· Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions
· Planescape: Torment
· The Temple of Elemental Evil

Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete, a PC gaming classic for the ages, brings together every game and expansion of the critically acclaimed franchise into one compilation. Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights Complete features two Game of the Year winners, every expansion pack, never before collection release of Neverwinter Nights 2, and a limited edition gift, all for $29.99.

<span style="font-family: Symbol;">·<span style="font: 7.0pt "Times New Roman";">&...More information.

The only one that I've missed are ToEE and Storm of Zehir; unfortunately I've got all of them, but indeed it could be interesting for those who haven't played them yet.

Why isn't there at least 1 good d&d game released every year? Why does atari sit on it and not use it? Ready made ruleset, endless amounts of lore, monsters, spells and a plethora of classes and races.

It' tailor made and they just waste it! I'm going to stop here before I have a full blown meltdown. :furious:

Why isn't there at least 1 good d&d game released every year? Why does atari sit on it and not use it? Ready made ruleset, endless amounts of lore, monsters, spells and a plethora of classes and races.

It' tailor made and they just waste it! I'm going to stop here before I have a full blown meltdown. :furious:

I think the problem there is Hasbro's suits being more than a bit insane and not actually knowing what they're doing with 4E. It's like they're afraid of anything but their PnP/board/card/whatever-it-is-now game competing with said game and somehow ruining it, or stealing sales away from it, or… something? I'm sure there's some fairly ridiculous official reason kicking around somewhere, but I wouldn't expect it to make any sense.

Hmm. If I didn't already have all of the above, I'd be interested. (I love GOG.COM...)

I think the problem there is Hasbro's suits being more than a bit insane and not actually knowing what they're doing with 4E. It's like they're afraid of anything but their PnP/board/card/whatever-it-is-now game competing with said game and somehow ruining it, or stealing sales away from it, or… something? I'm sure there's some fairly ridiculous official reason kicking around somewhere, but I wouldn't expect it to make any sense.

If that is true, I wonder why they don't just use an older version of the ruleset that has already been implemented very well in CRPG's before, such as 3.0, 3.5, etc. Do they have to use the 4.0 edition of the ruleset?

Also, the "classic" bundle is a great deal...Shame I only need Baldur's Gate 1 and Icewind Dale 2 (I already purchased ToEE years ago and the others through GoG).

I was kind of hoping they'd include some of the old games. I'd love to play the Dark Sun games again. I know you can find most of them online, but it would be nice to have a simple install package ala GoG. Hell, just let GoG do it!

If that is true, I wonder why they don't just use an older version of the ruleset that has already been implemented very well in CRPG's before, such as 3.0, 3.5, etc. Do they have to use the 4.0 edition of the ruleset?

Considering they've killed all sales of earlier versions that used to be on DriveThruRPG and the like, widely suspected to be because they don't want to compete with their own past games, the answer is probably yes, they would have to use 4E. It's pretty much Diablo/WoW gameplay as it is, so it should translate to a CRPG pretty easily.

I think the problem there is Hasbro's suits being more than a bit insane and not actually knowing what they're doing with 4E. It's like they're afraid of anything but their PnP/board/card/whatever-it-is-now game competing with said game and somehow ruining it, or stealing sales away from it, or… something?

Sadly, that sounds about right. Especially with Pathfinder (jokingly referred to as "D&D 3.75 edition") now kicking 4E's butt in sales (!!!), I imagine the Wizards / Hasbro execs are in panic mode about why, after they tried to sabotage the brand so thoroughly and screw over customers & third parties alike, that their IP is losing value.

We need some Pathfinder-based RPGs IMO.

Considering they've killed all sales of earlier versions that used to be on DriveThruRPG and the like, widely suspected to be because they don't want to compete with their own past games, the answer is probably yes, they would have to use 4E.

Ah, I see. So they've effectively made older versions "obsolete" in an attempt to maximize profits off the 4E ruleset. That is unfortunate because…

It's pretty much Diablo/WoW gameplay as it is, so it should translate to a CRPG pretty easily.

…I don't think that a "Diablo/Wow gameplay experience" is anything remotely close to the strengths of the Dn'D ruleset (at least, in previous versions), and I for one would hate to see Diablo clones using the DnD name instead of Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/etc. clones. God I hate Diablo and the influence it's had on CRPG's ;)

Um are they going to release the Dark Sun games too, i woudl love that.

The question is, what does Atari mean by the third NWN1 Expansion? Even if they mean NWN Diamond that would not fit.

This makes little sense. I'd guess just about every single person on earth who'd be interested in these already has them. They're old games for a niche audience.

I don't know...couldn't the same thing be said for the entire GoG library? You're probably right, but I imagine there's at least some people who would be interested in either reacquiring this collection due to losing disks/boxes/etc., or perhaps some "uninitiated" who have been interested in playing these titles but haven't bought them yet.

I don't know…couldn't the same thing be said for the entire GoG library? You're probably right, but I imagine there's at least some people who would be interested in either reacquiring this collection due to losing disks/boxes/etc., or perhaps some "uninitiated" who have been interested in playing these titles but haven't bought them yet.

yeah - but who would YOU rather give your money to?

Back
Top Bottom