Shadow of the Eternals - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Leviathyn has a new podcast with Denis Dyack were he explains why Shadow of the Eternals should be on your radar.

Polarizing or not, Denis Dyack is a man who has crafted many wondrous things; we’re talking about the man who brought you Eternal Darkness and the ever impressive Legacy of Kain series, to name a few. For one reason or another, the internet has taken a blind-focus on the man’s past and with that somehow have overlooked his new project at hand, Shadow of the Eternals. To shed more light on the spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness, Mr. Dyack sits down with us and discusses his future plans, the meaning of working directly with Precursor Games’ fans and why he needs your help this time around.
Next Precursor Games has released a new video showcasing Shadow of the Eternals’“Sanity System.”

If any of these newsbits make you interested you can also look ar their [url=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617502838/shadow-of-the-eternals-0]kickstarter[/URL] which is in need of help.

More information.

Last edited:
I really do want a Cthulhu based rpg but I don't think this will succeed since they still have 2/3 of their funding left to get and only have 8 days to get it in. I think the reasons why are because the game is only supposed to be 8-10 hours which I hate and that they have their goal at $750,000. I won't back this game with only an 8-10 hour campaign and many people complained about Shadowrun Returns only being 12-15 hours so it definitely limits the amount of backers for the game.

I really do want a Cthulhu based rpg but I don't think this will succeed since they still have 2/3 of their funding left to get and only have 8 days to get it in.

Cthulhu based? I don't see anything on their site that mentions that. Are you thinking of a different game?

I think the game looks promising but haven't backed it. I haven't played Eternal Darkness so I'm not drawn by nostalgia and it seems the backing of the community just isn't there. I don't know much Denis Dyack, the company or their past games except that they were in a legal fight with Epic in the past. They cancelled their previous KS and I'm not entirely sure what got changed for the active one. This together with the lack of community response makes me a bit hesitant to back this one.

I backed this. I played Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube years back and quite enjoyed it. It didn't blow me away though. It was an adventure game rather than an rpg - well written and atmospheric, with trigger happy combat (although I seem to remember it had a pretty cool but hard to manage system of targeting specific limbs on creatures). I quite like the sound of what they're proposing with this new game, and the length of the campaign doesn't bother me - if a story can be told well in 9 hours, I don't see any need to pad it out with filler.

Back
Top Bottom