Eschalon: Book 1 - Teaser Trailer @ GameBanshee

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The first opportunity to see Basilisk's Eschalon: Book 1 is available with GameBanshee hosting a teaser trailer. The 30 sec or so movie shows some combat, a few glimpses of the interface in motion and one dialogue screen - you may have to pause because it flies by pretty quickly.
Head here for GameBanshee's newsbit and link (6.76Mb, .avi with divx), although I had trouble with that link, so here is a direct one.
More information.

Looking very nice...but I wish they hadn't rushed the whole thing through 30 secs. The graphics look even better than expected but the combat looked underwhelming - quite possibly because the trailer didn't allow for much detail.

Very much looking forward to it.

Oh - and watch for an Age of Decadence trailer this week some time.

That looks really good. I am surprised how much i like the graphics. I don't know what i expected, but it wasn't that. Can't wait to play it.

Looks great, very nice graphics. I'm guessing a 2007 release is for sure ?

Yeah I think they are aiming for october, thomas is a great guy and the game is looking phenomonal. This is only book one and it looks that good, party based for book 2.....can't say enough good things about this one.

The graphics are really nice. They are simple, but have a lot of character and what the game does with ambience (lighting, sound, music) is very captivating. Combat itself isn't all that complex, it's more what strategies you can formulate to use for combat that makes it involved.
The spell effects surprised the heck out of me when I was doing the beta test of the demo. They are really well done.
It is a shame that movie is so fast. In-game action isn't sped up but the rate at which everything is put together makes it seem much more frenetic.

Hey Gallifrey I t hought that was you, good to see another fan on here.

Yup, 'tis I :D
I think this one will have lots of fans on here, to tell the truth!

Me too, I'm pimping this game, loving what I see so far and love that thomas is open to discussion on ways to improve or what we actually want.

I think this site will promote the game quite heavily!! My first thought on the graphics was U7!!

The way I see it, this game has a solid foundation to build on for future titles. Rome wasn't built in a day and with what he has started with he can expand apon to give us some great games(not to say eschalon is not great just that it is a tip of an iceburg sorta deal). Support by us now ensures studios like this can continue and thrive enough to ensure we have a great rpg's to play in the future.

I finally got to see it - thanks to the RSS feed letting me know of other download links (I keep forgetting to grab it at home, and GameBanshee, YouTube and Gametrailers are all blocked at work).

I thought it looked nice, really just confirmed that I will buy it the moment it comes available.

Back
Top Bottom