Dragon Age - Darkspawn Chronicles Interview @ GameSpot

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameSpot has a Darkspawn Chronicles interview we missed last week. Here's a snip:
GS: Perhaps the greatest strength Origins had going for it was a deeply involving story and well-developed characters. How do you do storytelling when your central cast of characters includes the likes of genlocks and ogres?
RB: We're definitely positioning Darkspawn Chronicles as a powerful visceral experience rather than as a moving coming-of-age story about an ogre and his pet blight wolf. The lives of the darkspawn are brutish, cruel, and short, but that's part of what makes them compelling. The archdemon has put you in charge of capturing the city of Denerim and eliminating the threat posed by the Grey Wardens. As a fan of the Dragon Age story, you can't help but feel powerful as your ogre tears through the defenders' barricades. When your emissary sets fire to the great tree in the elven alienage, you can't help but understand the emotional impact that that would have had on that community. When you come to the archdemon's aid in the final hour and drive your blade through the heart of the Warden King, you can't help but realize that you have turned history on its head. So, while there isn't a lot of dialogue and talking heads, the Darkspawn Chronicles is a story of loss and of absence--what would the world have become if your hero had died in the joining?
More information.

As I said : It's perfect for those who want to play evil.

That's just mindless evil, I don't find that attracting.. Now, if I could only play as a manipulative, world-conquering evil (tentacle).. that would be something.

I suggest reading "The Calling" dragon age novel, it sheds a little light on the Darkspawn mythology. They are for the most part a collective zerglike mindset, but their motivations and why they are like they are and such are kinda interesting.

Back
Top Bottom