Shadowrun Returns - Save Game Beta Patch

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Harebrained Schemes has a new forum post with information about the upcoming 1.2 game patch, and need help testing out the save game beta.

Fixers, Johnsons, Shadowlanders, Lend me your data-jacks!

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Patch 1.2 is in the pipe, and its biggest, most important feature is our re-vamped, chromed-out Save Game System!

This new save-game system needs all the cyber-eyes we can get on it. When the beta goes live in the very near future, you will be on the forefront of ensuring that your current and future content is ready for the changes the new system brings.

We know that YOU, the community of UGC Creators and players, have invaluable insight into the nuances and workings of the game with your time spent with the editor and that insight is critical to the release of this important update.

Your assistance in this BETA will be of tremendous help.

Jeffery, Robin, and I will be here on the forums as well as info@hbs-studios.com to respond to and collect your valuable feedback and bug-reports.

Look for a detail-laden post announcing the beta release of 1.2 in the next week, and thank you for everything you do as a part of this wonderful community!
More information.

Seriously? Finally!

Yep, but that doesn't really sound like that the Berlin Campaign is ready for a January Release.

Is it me or we're talking about poking a neardead cow checking if she can still kick.

Wouldn't say so. I mean SW:R wasn't a great game but quite decent nevertheless and I am looking forward playing the new campaign with a save-system ^^

I loved SR:R, the savegame system didn't bother me at all since levels were small (2-3 fights each mostly). Looking forward to the Berlin campaign, and then I'll check what modders have come up with.

It isn't dead at all, the community is fairly active. There are some pretty decent user made mods / runs.

"Shadowrun Unlimited" is my favorite so far.

Quick desc (there's a lot of other stuff but some of the most important):
Shadowrun Unlimited is designed to be more than a simple campaign; it's the world of Shadowrun.

-Replayable Runs with random elements, assigned randomly by fixers from their "pool" of runs. Fixers may offer many jobs, but only offer a few at a time. Shadowrunners don't always get to pick exactly what jobs they want to work.

-Sandbox style gameplay.

-Players gain Street Cred for completing runs, along with Karma and Nuyen rewards. Street Cred allows the player to access higher level fixers and merchants.

-Completing runs will cause the player to gain both Heat and Notoriety. Heat causes Lone Star to spawn with greater frequency, and Notoriety will cause them to attack on sight (once a certain threshhold is reached). Heat can also be increased by setting off alarms during runs.

-Players can rent a variety of Safe Houses. Safe houses allow the player to rest and recover their health, as well as lower their Heat rating. More expensive safe houses provide access to cheap support items, more efficient healing, and eventually character buffs. Players can purchase an upgradeable safe house and customize it as they see fit.

-Assault Rifles, SMG's and Shotguns are illegal. If the Lone Star stops you with one of these weapons they will attempt an arrest, violently. This can be avoided buy acquiring a forged Weapon Permit.

Pretty much this. I don't get all the vitriol over the save system, but to each their own I reckon.

Still would have preferred Denver, but bring on Berlin!

I loved SR:R, the savegame system didn't bother me at all since levels were small (2-3 fights each mostly). Looking forward to the Berlin campaign, and then I'll check what modders have come up with.

Played once. Good enough. Bring on Berlin and a handful of excellent mods and I might give this a try in 5 months..

Back
Top Bottom