Arakion - First Stretch Goal Met

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The First stretch goal of Arakion has been met. This measn the card game is in. A third stretch goal was made public, which is the following:
$42,500: The Darkest Night

This stretch goal includes a story arc that brings a substantial amount of additional content to the game. During this portion of the game the sky has turned black and an undead army has been resurrected and begins to lay siege to your town.
It is up to you to build defenses, fight back against the scourge, and uncover the reason they have come back. This story has you not only defending your town but exploring an entirely new zone with all the content that provides including dungeons, aesthetics and more.
During your travels you'll encounter a new set of enemies, find lost blueprints and save new NPCs. With all this content whats not to love about this stretch goal!
Specifically speaking this update includes:

• Additional defense mini-game where you must defend your town against raids.
  • 1 additional zone that includes more dungeons, an abandoned town and a ruined castle to explore
  • Additional enemies (Bone Giant, Zombie Dragon "he wants your braaaaaiiiiinnssss", a unique boss, and more)
  • Multiple new buildings for your town
  • Additional armor and weapons for every class
This is something I've really wanted to do, not only because I think it would be extremely fun to play through but because it adds an additional layer of depth to the game with town defense. As you can tell in the pitch video the town has walls so why not put them to use! If you really want this stretch goal to happen, be sure to tell everyone you know about Arakion so together we can make this the best game possible!!
In addition an update is available on the history of making Arakion.
First off, I hope you're as excited as I am to see where Arakion goes in the next 48 hours, the sky is the limit as they say! The update tonight is a purely video update, this was originally intended to be the "making of" video but it was beginning to become a bit of a time sync and in order to keep my word I have improvised and given you guys a slimmer version!
Before we get to the video update however I just want to mention a few important things. Since you guys are so awesome and amazing and we have reached the card game stretch goal, upon release of the card game online I'll be giving out codes to all Kickstarter backers for $20 in game currency for the card game. As I have stated before I will be using revenue from the online version of the card game to help fund additional content for Arakion.
Also, tomorrow there will be three updates an in depth look at the Battlemage, a look at the people joining the team after Kickstarter and the voices of Arakion #2. I hope you all have had a good Thursday and remember to keep spreading the word so we reach those stretch goals!!
More information.

Arakion actually reached 2 stretch goals now. :)

The developer messed up by being far too quiet for the first few weeks weeks of the project. He needed to get the world out alot and often.

However, my pledge includes a conference with the developer, so I'll make sure to bug them to finish and send out the game. Because I am really looking forward to playing this game.

Last edited:
I've pledged now... and it's cool to see the Infinite Tower stretch goal was reached as well (appealing to my roguelike interests).

Just 27 hours to go folks!

Aye come on guys, just 5k left till the next stretch goal! :)

Daniel.

darklord really love stretch goals!

I think the whole 'stretch goal' thing is going to kill a lot of kickstarter projects. Overambition is, to me, the main problem smaller teams will face when they start getting really into it after their kickstarter period ends.

Well It looks like were gonna be getting a great game already but The Darkest Night does sound pretty awesome. If we don't make it, then fingers crossed it'll be made as an expansion later along with Fates Change the 50K stretch. :)

Daniel.

Hmm... they need 2k in the next 4 hours for The Darkest Night. It's gonna be close!

I think I might toss in another $5 for the player guide add-on he mentioned in the latest update.

Check out the add-ons, it's an easy incentive to throw a little bit more money in.

Yep I just raised mine an extra $5 for the guide, were now less than 2k from the stretch! Can we do it in 4 hours? I think we can! :D

Daniel.

Nice indeed - the cloth map is very tempting!

Just $500 needed in the next 3 hours - I think we can hit it.

Yeah it's looking great!

Daniel.

*cheers* at $42,630!

Good job everyone - looks like we'll have Darkest Night. That will expand the game quite a bit so I'm happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom